New Toy

93xe

Cool! :aok:B) Nice, clean installation! Fits in the factory opening perfect. Good job and great deal, man! I wish my HU had a 9-band EQ. Looks like a pretty nice unit. Does it support aux video inputs? If it does, you can do this:

Edited by XPLORx4

XPLOR,

Can you give some more info on the camera setup? That is bad ass. I want it. Thanks.

I picked up a waterproof color CCD "lipstick" camera for about $90 at my local Fry's Electronics. Just about any waterproof CMOS or CCD camera will work, as long as its power supply is 12vDC. I chose a CCD camera because it has better picture clarity than CMOS sensors. I selected a location to mount the camera, then ran video and ACC-activated 12vDC power wires to it. Then, the camera's video wire just plugs into my HU's video1 input.

The above photos taken of the HU show what the camera sees when it's mounted as shown in this photo:

camera.jpg

I have since moved that camera (sorry, no pics yet!), and created a new mount for it that can rotate 360° with a dashboard-mounted switch, similar to what this guy has done:

Undercarriage camera

My setup is different, in that instead of using a servo to move the camera (which requires a servo controller and other stuff I didn't know how to do), I used this motor with a DPDT on-(off)-on momentary switch. One position (left) sends +12v/gnd to the motor, rotating it clockwise, the other position (right), reverses the polarity of the signal so the motor rotates counterclockwise. It will do one full revolution in about 12 seconds.

As mentioned, if 93xe's DVD HU supports video input, this is quite easy to do for about $100.

Edited by XPLORx4

I've been wanting to do something similar for a while now, but just don't have the money, and don't have the need for a dvd/navigation system. I've been trying to figure out where to mount a decent 6" auxilliary screen to run with a couple of cameras for different purposes.

Psh our diffs dont need protection, I drag mine over anything and nothing has happened yet.. Its a thick strong axle, I find it funny to see those who buy those diff skids, totally worthless in my opinion.

Hahaha, yeah but you should see the condition of my drain plug. The previously square hole is so mangled, I think I'm going to have to weld something to it in order to get it off!

Edited by XPLORx4