Anger Management

muttmobile

so my question is - why? and would this make you angry?

...driving home from work an old clunky chevy pulls up next to me and guns it on the light, so i push the petal on my little 3.5 and beat him pretty easily but i slow down at 60 cuz these are side streets. the dude speeds past me and waves.

next light, i get behind him because my lane is taken, and this time he burns rubber (old clunker pulling hard right), i follow, change lanes and pass him again, but there's a car in my lane so i pull up (and don't cut him off) and let him pass.

next light there are a bunch of cars and as i come up to him in a different lane he swerves in front of me waving his arms around, punching his palm and such. now if i had had someone to laugh with i would have, but being by myself i just shrug (and apparently he's watching in his rear view because this really gets him flailing.

my turn is about 100ft ahead at this point so i just stay behind him and wave a good-bye as i make my turn (he flashes something out his window up ahead (a sign? the bird? i can't really tell).

so...what exactly is this guy so mad about? i love letting the old 3.5 out when there's another willing participant, and most any car with real potential burns me, but certainly doesn't get me angry. i just think a little race is fun. am i missing something, or is this freak just a social reject.

yeah, i suppose. i just don't get where all the anger comes from.

because if you had what you thought was the best 350 (or 454) powered machine in town (apparently he does think this) then getting smoked by a cute, 3.5 pathfinder is adding insult to injury......... ida just kept laughin........

to me, accelerating to ~60 on a light and then slowing down on a clear, major suburban street isn't 'street racing,' but hey, everyone's got an a$$hole, err, i mean opinion.

I agree w/ Dan...why not have just let him go? Getting into a piss-fit with a hillbilly reduces you to his level. I'da laughed at him and tried to avoid getting the bird, but laughed even harder if I did.

You cannot deny the fact that you had the intention of beating this guy to begin with :tongue: Otherwise, this thread wouldn't have even existed.

Sorry, I got way too many tickets in my younger years for antics like this *takes a geritol pill* :tongue:

I agree w/ Dan...why not have just let him go? Getting into a piss-fit with a hillbilly reduces you to his level. I'da laughed at him and tried to avoid getting the bird, but laughed even harder if I did.

You cannot deny the fact that you had the intention of beating this guy to begin with :tongue: Otherwise, this thread wouldn't have even existed.

Sorry, I got way too many tickets in my younger years for antics like this *takes a geritol pill* :tongue:

hmmm...did you read my original post? i wasn't pissin' or fittin.' i just like a little pedal action off a light with other willing competitors, i honestly could care less whether i win or lose (i usually do the latter).

my only question was about why this guy got so angry.