Lockers

RWC5S2

Ok, I searched the forums for info on lockers but all I found were references to ARB being the only thing I can use in my 2003 R50. I am trying to find any locker for the rear diff. Any info will be really appreciated. Am I really stuck with only ARB as an option, and why is that.

You're correct. The only option for the rear locker (right now, anyway) is the ARB. A few mechanical lockers were available for the older Pathfinders but their axles are the 31 spline H233b. Ours got UPGRADED (along with Xterras) to a 33 spline model.

I dont like how pathfinders dont really have a lot of mods to start out with because the field is so small. But then when you go up in years, the field of mods gets smaller. And the newer R50's like 03' and up, they get even LESS mods! arrrrggggg......

While everyone seems to complain that the ARB is the *only* option, I think you need to think twice about what you're saying. Sure, it would be great to have a cheaper option, but there's no reason to complain that the BEST locker made (in my opinion) is available for both your front and rear axles. To be honest, I'm VERY surprised that ARB ever made a locker for the R200.

But then you have to consider the cost of installation (which is recommended to be done by an ARB Authorized professional, as the diff casing has to be drilled to allow the air lines to pass into the differential), as well as the air system.

You're looking at a good $2,500+ for both lockers installed.

It seems like *most* people that want lockers are somewhat mechanically inclined. Not saying everyone can set up their own gears, but you can spend $200-250 per axle and hook the rest up yourself.

i agree. i have seen a few write ups of guys installing their own ARBs and it did not seem that difficult to me. ARB's directions seem to be very well detailed and easy to follow. just my opinion, never seen one in person tho

If you want cheap just weld the spider gears. I did that on a SAS tacoma on 37's and it held up great. If you get a GOOD welder to do it it can be stronger than most lockers. For more info do a search on pirate4x4.com. It does wear down your tires but it is safer than a detroit style locker since it is always locked and won't lock up on you like detroits but since ARB is the only other option (better option) you are kinda limited.

So it's either $50 for a locker or $1000 for a selectable locker

Are these the right part numbers I found? I got the ARB catalog here http://www.arbusa.com/alac/215110.pdf

Front for R200A, shaft diameter 30.4, splines 29, ARB part number RD107

Rear for H233B, shaft diameter 33.3, splines 33, ARB part number RD24

What do you need to use for air setup? ARB's air (CKSA12 or RDCKA) or any other is ok?

Has any one checked if the Nissan Patrol uses the same drive train as the Pathfinders? Seems there are quite a few goodies for the Patrol, all outside the USA of course.

Those are the correct part numbers.

You can use any air source as long as it's regulated to between 90-105psi. 105psi is the absolute maximum.

The Patrol uses a H233b front axle with a H260b rear axle. Not interchangable.

Those are the correct part numbers.

You can use any air source as long as it's regulated to between 90-105psi. 105psi is the absolute maximum.

The Patrol uses a H233b front axle with a H260b rear axle. Not interchangable.

i cant remember but are patrols driver or pass drop? (not saying im going to get an axle shipped in im just curious so i dont want people telling me its not worth it, i have a d44 that im using....thank you)