Chrysler to become Chrysler once again?

RedPath88

Kerkorian offers $4.5 billion for Chrysler

Makes bid via Tracinda Corp., it’s contingent on new deal with UAW

NEW YORK - More than a decade later, Kirk Kerkorian can’t seem to get Chrysler out of his mind.

The billionaire tycoon unsuccessfully tried to buy the automaker in 1995 for $22.8 billion and then lost a bitter court fight over Chrysler’s so-called “merger of equals” with Daimler-Benz in 1998.

Kerkorian bid could be good for Chrysler

Transaction addresses some key issues facing troubled carmaker

News that billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian is prepared to pay $4.5 billion for Chrysler pushed the troubled U.S. automaker’s stock price to its highest point since July Thursday. Such a transaction, if it were to come to pass, could also have a positive effect on the world’s fifth-largest automaker, analysts say.

Here's to hoping the UAW forgets it's old mission and tactics and comes to the table with their brains intact and ready to help solve the crisis. IMHO, they have the most influence of all on the fate of the entire American auto industry.

good, maybe finally mercedes quality will improve back to pre chryslerization days.

hahahha, as if they were reliable before??

I know the Daimler CHrysler is worse, but MBenz was never that good to begin with. (as far as reliability)

I know the Daimler CHrysler is worse, but MBenz was never that good to begin with. (as far as reliability)

I think that is the first time I have ever agreed with anything from you.

MBenz was never that good to begin with.

Depends what you buy... I see plenty of oldies around here and their serious trucks are an industry benchmark.

It's like any other motor corp; Nissan sentras weren't the best either... :shrug:

B

might want to own one before spewing such garbage.. their quality only went down after they got chryslerized.