I've become the Enemy

El Pathfindero

Its official, El Pathfindero is no more

My new tracns has internally seized up, and i lack the funds to rebuild/replace

So, I hate to say it, but i already have a new vehicle to replace the Pathy......a jeep

Its a 91 XJ, loaded, all the options that could be found in '91, including crappy ground clearance

But i cant complain, my parents paid for it........

So i'm sorry all my fellow NPORA members, but I'm a Jeeper now, not too happy about that one, but maybe i'll own another WD21 someday

I'd just like to say thanks to evaryone that helped me out with my pathy: 88, Killvox, sammyb, redpath, slick, mr. pickles and everyone else that chipped in when i needed ya

WAVEY

El P

:sniff: sad day. but at least you have a new rig to drive. i am not biased against jeeps. hell, i used to own even when i got mini......

good luck witht he jeep, and don't be a stranger! :beer:

Sorry Bud, but chit happens and you move on. Just don't move too far and be a stranger! We love to rag on heeps, but hey, you're a member... ;)

Actually, you can easily spiff up the heep (other than the motor, drive train and suspension(I'm joking)) with the availibility and cheap price of all the aftermarket goodies. That probably why the chumps buy them (damn, did it again :D ).

Best O Luck, Bud!! :beer:

B

Traitor! Heretic! I'll boil your bones and festoon my bedchamber with your entrails, you blasphemous heathen!

But really, Jeeps are cool and you'll have the ability to buy whatever upgrade you want instead of having to scour boneyards or fab something up like a shade-tree MacGyver. Have fun with it, bud.

Oh, and be sure to stop in every now and then and post pictures of your new ride getting winched out of puddles and such. :D

there is a little bit of a jeep in several members pathies. including mine soon. i'm sure you at least won't be a jeep owner that's arrogant and thinks his s**t don't stink. at least until he gets spanked by a pathy. best of luck.

Stick around and keep tabs on what's going on! You don't have to own one to appreciate them and their owners.

And after it breaks down and strands you a few times, maybe your folks will let you SELL it and buy a 5 speed Pathy! If heeps are as overpriced there as they are here, you will come out wellllll ahead!

Damn, that's sad, man.... though not as sad as having no car at all :D

Post pix of your new rig!

Oh, and don't be a stranger, don't forget about us!

By the way, I read Mr. P's thread about "selling" his Path before this one, so the first thing I did was checked the date you posted it :lol:

Sorry to hear it. Not a good way to start a day.

I am a believer in the "everything happens for a reason". In this case, perhaps the pathfinder is your true soul mate?

5-speed swap time!

I wasn't going to say anything as I still think Jeeps are unreliable bottomless money pits, but the I6 engines are a dime a dozen...

If I were in your shoes, I would fix the pathy, then swap a recycled engine into the Jeep and sell at a profit.