New NPORA Member

McClurgM

Hello - As the topic says....I am new!

I have two Pathfinders a 1987 Z24 5spd and a 1992 V6 5spd each with over 225K. I also have a junked pathy

I am wondering if i can swap the HB233 out of the parts pathy into my 87? (replace the C200 rear)

I am thinking of a re-gear but want to be able to swap the gear and possibly a locker into the 92 if the 87 dies.

Furthermore can i use the R200 out of the front of the parts pathy instead in my R180 in the 87? that way i can use both gears.

I purchased both pathys for $500 each. Would i be better selling both of them and saving the almost $1500 form the locker and gears, and buying something different?

Is anybody selling used gears?? for either the HB233/R200 combo or the C200/R108 combo? in a 4.88 to a 5.13 flavor?

Thanks,

Matthew

Welcome :beer:

Gears, not my thing but im sure some one will say Hi and share with you :blink:

Grats on being in the I have 2 Pathy's Club, there are a few of us that have 3 :hide:

Edited by Casey.T

*raises hand* i am a member of the 2 pathy club, and no doubt by the end of the year i'll have 3 :unsure:

as for gears. 4:88 is a bit high...... first off, decided waht the vehicle will be used for.... strictly off roading, DD, both...... and then think about how you drive ;)

I currently have 4.6 gears in my '87, but the Z24i is kinda weak!! I have to down shift back into 3rd just to climb a hill. I just dont want to spend the money on gears (@ 450 a piece) to not be able to re-use them if my 87 pathy dies.

I use one(1992) Pathfinder as my DD and the other (1987) as my off-road vehicle. If the 87 dies, then I would hope to use the 92 for off-road.

Nobody is selling gears because they cost $500 per set by themselves. None of the US trucks aside from the Xterra came with anything much different than a 4.3 or 4.6 gearing. The 99-04 Xterra V6's got 4.9's if I'm not mistaken.

Myself, I'd go with at least 5.13's just to get it back into a usable powerband. I have 33's, though.

Welcome to the forums WAVEY

Since that you have a complete donor you will have everything that you need.. so it "should" just be a direct swap.. perhaps a little extra work if thigns don't fit just right.

• 2 weeks later...