Skids for R50

arcano

Hi. I am looking for a skid plate for a 1998 Pathfinder SE. I heard Black Panther made some of the best, but their website seems to be down. Any ideas if they are still making skid plates, or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

aRCano

Oops, my bad. You wanted skid plates. A/C makes them. Do a google search for 4x4parts.com and you can see them. I have their skid plates on my 2003 Pathfinder and am very happy with them. Made of 3/8" steel.

BlackPanther is kind of still around. The guy hit some rough times as of late and his website went down as well. Pezzy has been forwarding people's emails to him I think. I'm not sure if he's currently making new ones but he may still have a few laying around anyway. I had a BP skid that was really nice at one point.

Yes, BlackPanther is still around. He does not check his PMs very often, so I'll PM you with an email address to get ahold of him faster. He is still making and selling skidplates for Nissan Pathfinders of all years, as well as 00-04 Xterras, 00-04 Frontiers and 05+ Frontiers and Xterras.

He was in the process of updating the website when he came across some rather trying personal issues, and didn't have the time to devote to keeping his website online. However, he assures me that the situation will be resolved within the next couple of months, and the website will be back online shortly thereafter.

I would rather wait 6 months for a BlackPanther skidplate, than buy an AC skidplate and dent my oil pan...again.

I will be waiting and making sure to get Black Panther skids. I heard that Ac's are crap compared to BP. It should work out well seeing as how I am broke for the next couple of months!! (what else is new)

Oh, no...the skidplate didn't dent.  It just flexed so much that it allowed the rock to dent my oil pan!

well considering they were designed with park benches in mind and other objects that can be found at the mall it's no surprise that a real rock screwed things up for ya.

The BP skids are amazing. Def pick up a set if you can.

Edited by turbopath

Hey guys just to let you all know.

I am still here and producing plates for customers. On a more discreet level. I will be back up and running full force after July27/06 :aok: . So my site will be up and all will be back to normal after that glory date comes :)

You can e-mail me at

blackpantherorders@shaw.ca

Thanks,

Marcel

:beer:

I just odered a set of front and middle BP skid plates!!! Very happy! B) I also ordered a set of Rock SliderZ and a ser of 3/4" spacers for the front...the Pathy is going to be looking sweet!!!

Thanks to all for the advice...

ARCano

Edited by arcano

Hey guys just to let you all know.

I am still here and producing plates for customers. On a more discreet level. I will be back up and running full force after July27/06 :aok: . So my site will be up and all will be back to normal after that glory date comes :)

You can e-mail me at

blackpantherorders@shaw.ca

Thanks,

Marcel

:beer:

Good to see you on here Marcel. Any progress on those drawings??? :D

Well sorry about those..Totaly slipped my mind with what's been happening the last little while.

Send me a e-mail on wed morning to remind me and I should have them ready for you by Thursday.

Anyhow I'm on msn on for awhile if you want to talk about your adventure.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I contacted Marcel by email blackpantherorders@shaw.ca and ordered up front and middle skid plates. Even though his website is not up and running he is still selling BP skids, although he did mention that he doesn't have many left and he is currently re-designing the rear skid.

The skids are in the mail, I'm so excited!!! :wiggle: