Super Sliders

Entropy98

Those look sweet!!!!!! I am planning to put those on my 03, rocky road said that they would not have any for the 03's until early this summer. suck's for me. But your's look FANTASTIC!!!! makes me jelous :cool2: :clap:

Edited by trogdor

Nice, how much and can you jack the truck up on the outside rail of the slider if you get hung up? The shipping is what stops me from ordering this stuff stateside, can't find anyone in the Kingston area that stocks any serious off road gear.

I will order them! I thought that they would be the same, but now having seen them on a pathfinder makes me want them even more. I guess I will order those this week aswell. :dance:

Edited by trogdor

Venge, that seems to easy, are you sure that the underbody stayed the same? I for some reason as under the impression that the pinch weld or fold (whatever) changed location or is plugged different or something to make the mount points off the whole way down the slider :confused:

I purchased my sliders used from Squam1. You may remember him. He had a Black 02 that he sold for a Subaru when the gas prices started getting out of hand. He had them installed on his truck for about 3 months before he decided to sell the truck. I bought them and they bolted right up. No unsightly gaps, no problems with the mounting locations, nothing.

The only structural/body changes from the early R50 to the later R50 are front cosmetics and a slightly different liftgate skin. Different step rail design and different mud flaps/flares also accompanied the change. The mounting of the step rails is identical. It would have been fruitless for Nissan to completely reengineer the underbody of the R50 for a simple cosmetic change in 99. The design of the tranny crossmember was changed in 01 with the addition of the 3.5 to withstand the higher torque produced by the motor. The 3.5 actually weighs a little bit less than the 3.3 due to its aluminum block vs the 3.3s steel block, so the front structural rigidity was not an issue.

Thanks Venge! Yu da man! Now I can add that to my list of parts for an R50 I don't have yet! Lol :lol:

***I do remember Squam 1...I bought his brushgaurd...then sold it to ROWOSU...where did he go? I never heard anything from him?

Edited by 98silverpathy

He's been super busy with school and work, and hasn't had any time to get online and check in. He did check in a couple weeks ago. I've kept in touch with him off the boards. He's a really cool guy, I wheeled with him a couple times when he had the Pathy. Tranny blew up, then the T-case, twice, so he sold it and got an 05 Xterra Off-Road that he loves.