Great Cup holder for 95 Pathy

Guest Pathmodifier

Guest Pathmodifier

Here is a great cup holder slightly modified for your Pathy, I got it from Canadian Tire (I think Wall-Mart has some too). Just a small piece of wood, 2 plastic legs and velcro. This cup holder is for automatic transmission, since its placed over the hand brake.

post-6-1084210078.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had one of those ash tray cup holders for my Hardbody that I got from the dealer for $10. IT was nice until you tried to shift (manual trans) and then you couldn't see the stereo to change stations. It didn't hold tall cups very well at all either. If the place for the cup was deeper it would have been great other then the shifting thing.

I have one in my 95 SE, manual tranny, that I got at Wal Mart that holds 2 cups and fits right in between the manual shifter, and the center console, right on the floor. Works great, and looks almost stock, because it fits in so tight. The name on it is "Spill Master"

I have one in my 95 SE, manual tranny, that I got at Wal Mart that holds 2 cups and fits right in between the manual shifter, and the center console, right on the floor. Works great, and looks almost stock, because it fits in so tight. The name on it is "Spill Master"

That's the one I've been using too, but with the body lift, I am unable to get into 4lo because the tcase shifter hits the cup holder. I guess I could probably try to get the shifter lengthened though. Can you get into 4lo with that cupholder there? Since I don't use 4lo hardly at all I've just kept that cupholder in there.

Yeah, I can get it into 4Lo, but then the shift handle blocks the left cupholder, but it will go into 4Lo. No big deal, still have the right hand side one if I'm wheelin'. Not that a drink wouldn't end up all over the truck on a trail!!! P...:D

Now can you come up with a great cup holder for a manual Pathy?  I'm out of ideas.

My setup consists of "Here honey, hold this for me while I drive" :D

Hey Pathmodifier - I too have thought about mounting a Canadian Tire cup holder in mine but I have manual. My dad made a cup holder for his 91 Stanza (that he traded in for an Altima) that fit into the pocket under the stereo and held 2 drinks. It stuck out from the dash but it never got in the way. He threw it out when he sold the car so I don't have it. I am still working on a few prototypes but its a full time job trying to fit cup holders in the 95!!

Here is a great cup holder slightly modified for your Pathy, I got it from Canadian Tire (I think Wall-Mart has some too).

Got one of those too from Wally-Mart. Kids use it in the backseat between their booster seats. Wish I had something that nice up front.

Like to find a cup holder to fit between the manual stick and that "dust bowl" under the emergency brake. Right now Im using one of those old cup holders [from the 80's] that hang from the door's window ledge. I hang it in the ash tray and close the tray tight. The ash tray bites it tight enuf to hold a full medium drink cup from McDonalds. Not the best but it frees up a driving hand. RC

Thanks for the heads up. Bought one today! Perfect fit between the shifter and center "dust bowl". RC

• 2 weeks later...
THat's the one I had in my Hardbody, doesn't work with a manual very well.

Also, the first time you hit a big bump or have to brake hard, you'll have your drink all over your heating controls and stereo. Electronics don't like moisture, or so I've heard.

Guest whitefinder95

I have the ash tray cup holder. If your not into cans then I have your problem solved, that is also if you have and automatic, im not to sure if it would work with the manny trans. I took my trusty Drimmel Multi tool out and cut about half of the bottoms out. It fixes the "shallow" problem and holds a cup perfectly now, but a can of beerrr...soda will fall right through. To solve the problem of not being able to see the radio...just use the passenger side...Cheers!! :beer:

Here's a picture of the cupholder.

On another note.....It's REALLY time to clean out my truck!!! :oops:

Cupholder.JPG

Check Wal-Mart, that's where I got mine.

Good luck