Does anyone out there have a 4 cyl.?

Steve's Terrano

Aaron are you on drugs???

when have i ever said i have a terrano, pathy for me

Igor you a champion :cool2:

where did you find that info??

the only thing is its not in english - some euro language - looks like greek or something. any one know a way to get it to english

i have tried babel but that said error :rolleyes:

i wanna take this info to nissans and show em :P

Hi, again!

I've got all infos from official Nissan program - FAST. It's very useful program with a lot pic's and infos. - like this steering page.

All infos are avaliable on my site Terrano club , but on russian language only. I'ven't free time to re-design site interface and add english section. Sorry... But all filenames are english and you can surf my site for pictures.

Regards,

Igor

Its in russian, you can tell by the characters and the web site shows dot (.ru) in this case there is no telling where those gears were made. just like our nissans built in the states, your'll never see one like ours outside the states, or canada, i have drove a 2000 navara (our frontier) in austailia and i own a 2000 fronier and they are nothing alike, handleing power, trim.. just to show you that we are all different. that 4.8 ring gear looks to be from a c200 rear end but we can all hope.

Igor your site is great :takebow:

i can basically navigate it

would like to know when navigating your site how do you get to the tech stuff like the steering diagram you posted. btw that would of been great 3 months ago when i rebuilt my power steering box, i could do an excellent write up with that diagram if anyone wants to know

again Igor great site :aok:

:bow:

edit i figured it out, so much tech, im loving it :lol:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you!

About Terrano-Pathfinder difference

The primary difference between Terrano and Pathfinder - transmission. All Pathfinders in our club are cars with auto transmission not like Terrano's with manual. Also termostat and visco for fan are tuned for the cold region. And there are many cars from Europe without condition.

Igor

• 3 weeks later...

Try Ebay'ing it before you scrap it. If its in good running order, I bet there are takers out there that would love getting it for a decent price. They'd probably come and pick it up if they're local enough. You local boneyard will rip it apart and rape people for the parts.

Local Boneyard dont want it. So when i say Scrap Yard, I Mean Steel Recycling Ahoy! I get to watch them Squish it with a whole bunch of other Metal into a Neat and tidy 4x4x4 Cube. Hehe. Ill get a whole 5 Bucks for it that way!! I really dont Care. I dont want to take it out of the 86 HBPU thats its in. I just got done Sucking the Tranny Out of it for my 87 Pathy. so i got what i wanted! If anyone wants it, They can have the Entire Truck. (or whats Left, I rolled it on its Side to extract the Tranny.) I got it full of scrap Metal and I should Get about 50 dollars for the whole mess. And it Gets the wife off my Backside! thats the most important thing!

Man, I wish you lived closer, I'd take the pickup's bed off your hands so I could mount it on the utility trailer I have. :D Imagine, a HB bed trailer being towed by a Pathy, lifted with matching tires. :D

Matching paint, matching everything. That would be sweet!

Sorry Guys, it Got Crushed today. But the Bed was Rotted BAD> That and the Fact the frame was starting to go was the reason why i didnt recondition it. I felt it was more Profitable to Suck the Tranny Out and make my Pathy a Stick. Im sooo happy that i was able to Unplug ALL Wires from the automatic and bypass the Inhibit Switch. I Tested That about 6 months ago and was Driving the Thing Alll winter. (i got the old Junky 3 spd Automatic) So you can understand Why i am So h@ll Bent on a Changeover! If you want a HBPU Bed For a Trailer. I run across Old HB's and Pathys all the Time (mostly Rotted). but i if i get one witha good bed, Ill let ya all Know!

oh and BTW, I got 70 Bucks for it. It weighed Without the Tranny 3800 PDS. But i had the Bed Full of old Pathy Parts. (doors and Such)

Guest NissanD21man

Almost done with my clutch replacement. Since my 4cyl is apparently geared higher than the 6cyl models, I have a question. Can I put the lego wheels/31"s from my wrecked V6 on the 4cyl without premature clutch wear and or damage to the diffs or transfer case? Looks like the 4cyl came with 215/75R15s when it was new. Thanks for the help.

post-5-1087300450.jpg

Guest Leprecaun
Thank you!

The primary difference between Terrano and Pathfinder - transmission. All Pathfinders in our club are cars with auto transmission not like Terrano's with manual. Also termostat and visco for fan are tuned for the cold region. And there are many cars from Europe without condition.

Igor

Hey, I'm not sure if this matter but I have a terrano which is an auto and a mate had a terrano which was manual. The biggest difference between the pathy and terrano is the underbody components. This is just something I have been told. I can't find the diff specs for mine though, where did you guys find yours ?

Australia is definatly not a cold place and while it did overheat, a new radiator and a extra thermo fan fixed that, combined with a 3" snorkel it hasn't run hot yet when climbing the ranges we have.

Thank you!

Igor

ah what? no thats not true. Not all pathfinders are automatics.. i own a manual. and the Terrano in australia is a Pathfinder that was imported from japan. As far as all the differences, i can't attest to all of them but they do include but are not limited to, engine, transmission, emission, (recently discover, differential gearing), so on and so forth but for all practical purposes its a Pathfinder

• 3 weeks later...

im from Indonesia..i search any list that talks about Pathfinder..they always talk for V6 engine..Not like ours..in my country Pathfinder we call it not Pathy but "Terrano,"..weird isnt...they start produced Pathy since 95 till now..but the models are not changing only minor change near head lights,front grill,bumper,and rear lights...we used Z2.4L not injection(carburetor)...sad isnt it...the early made 95-96 they still have 4x4 gearbox with out front drive(front differential)...in 97-now all changed to 4x2 gearbox..maybe they cut the produce line prices....Sorry i had a bad english...i hope that you can understand my words..hehehe...guys...will you help me to search for "Pathfinder"logos,the place is in rear hatch..its hard to find it here...I dont care if its used..but still in good conditions..and if each of you knew where can i get transfer case manual shifter please let me know guys...help me :help: ..for the name of Pathy lovers....plezz...thanks before guys....

Regards...

Adjie4wd,Terrano Club Indonesia

• 3 years later...
You should have a C200 rear diff in that vehicle and according to the books, it is 4.375 for your 4 banger 4 weel drive manual transmision, from what i found, the 4 banger didn't have the 4.6's.. and as far as 4.8 gears, it they were put in, it was a long time ago and until recently the only people that made aftermarket Nissan gears was Nismo (4.88:1) and they ran about 700 bucks. so doubtful they were changed

thats odd, i have an 87 with the factory z24i and 5 speed, it has 4.6 front and rear, r180/c200 and thats from the tag under the hood....

correctly if i'm wrong but normally auto trans equipped vehicles have the lower ratio ie 4.3:1 vs 4.6:1 because of the slip of the torque converter you get a virtual gear reduction in the tranny..... i could be wrong.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yea man i had a good old z24 5spd was me first pathfinder wicked car bout it cheap stripped the motor back and build it wit a reground cam and a webber 32/36 carby and u can definately notice the differece but that car landed on its roof haha from there i got me commy and now i have a v6 but i never had any problems with the 2.4 was a good car