Bumper carnage

zonianbrat

Well as you all probably know we have been getting alot of snow here in Colorado. Well the problem is it has not melted so in-turn is has become ice. It has been almost three weeks and we still have 5 foot snowbanks on either side of the neighborhood streets. The real problem is the snow has barely begun to melt the last two days but then at night this water re-freezes and it becomes a nightmare. I had a mustang in front of me last night going like 25. I looked at my speedometer and when I looked back up he was sideways and going like 5. So I had to act fast either t-bone him while flicking him off for being a dumb-a$$ or swerve and hit the snowbank......I swurved (not sure on spelling of swurve) and ended up half-way over the snow bank. So the guy in the stang gets out as do I and I look the truck over and everything seems ok at night. I reversed off the snowbank told the guy he was lucky I did not t-bone him and went on my way. When I got home I got a flashlight to check for any damage. Two days before I had to fix my passenger front blinker as I had plowed through some snowbanks before it had a chance to become ice. Well this is what I find.

T-day032.jpg

T-day033.jpg

So it looks like I have something to do this weekend!! I am hoping it might kinda pop back out.

I will take some better before and after pics during the day this weekend.

Edited by zonianbrat

yeah the damage does not look too bad I am going to try to pop it out this weekend if not then I will get a new plastic peice. I think it would have been a no-fault situation what I mean is both of us would technically be at fault since he slid sideways and was going to fast for conditions, and if I would have hit him I would be considered going to fast for conditions. That is what I think but I could be wrong.

You hit the nail on the head Mr. Pickles my new problem is I have to fix it outside as my boat is in front of the garage and ther is a couple of feet of snow in and around it. Not to mention my garage has my dirtbike in it along with some other pieces from where I started to rebuild it. So yeah the garage is out of the question and the high temp for saturday and sunday is only 9 and 11 degrees so I am screwed. :aok:

Thats not bad at all, its just bent in, and its just held on by a few screws. My entire front corner got in a little fight with a guardrail when I was running near-bald tires, just took a crowbar and hammer to it, and the body is back to its origional shape, I just need to replace the metal bumper once it gets warmer out and I'm set!

You guys are all right, I should probably wait for warmer weather but I am very impatient!! and I do need to fix the blinker as it is not working up front. It works in the rear but not the front, and it blinks really fast inside the cab now. If It is just too dam cold which it might be then I will wait a bit. I do kinda think it will just pop out as it really is just bent plastic. We will see. I might replace the valance anyway once it is warmer