New parts for the truck

giancarlo93

Today we begin putting apart the rear differential to install an ARB air locker and changing the front bumper to an ARB bull bar.

Now that the differential is open I checked the gears of the car and they are 4.88 . I dont was 100% sure.

Besides the bull bar and ARB locker I am installing a 9000 pound winch.

After that the only thing I have to do is change the steering and the water pump.

Here are some pictures.

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

Yes sammy my pocket is so deep I can scratch my foot when I put my hand in I dont find money.:D

The following pictures show the problem we have now with the bull bar because I have a 3 inch body lift, I have this big gap between the body and the bull bar.

We took it out today and we are cut and do some extensions in the bull bar to make it fit correctly.

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

looking good man, looking good....

i just picked up an ARB (bumper) locally, randomly found one on ebay for 350....the guy threw in some Hella's and some CB stuff so i got the ARB and everything for 400....its mounted and im extremely pleased :) :)

im jealous of your lockers tho...im still searching for an open third......stupid LSD

Today I finished installing the centerlink and tie rods, washing the car and doing some small fixes.

Now I have to go and test the car!

This pictures are the rear bumper finished and intalled.

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

Now I have to buy a good set of offroad lights!

What brand do you people recommend me?

KC lights

IPF

BOSCH

HELLA

PIAA

Wich one is the best for the money? I want flow lights, no spotlights.

Edited by giancarlo93

No I havent.

When I receive it I will use it.

I couldnt wait, mine was a mess.

Besides the cost of a new centerlink is $75.

What you can tell me about the lights?

I can't help much on the lights, sorry... perhaps someone with personal experience with those brands can chime in here.

From what I've heard over the last few years lights are lights. If you get a light with a 55watt halogen bulb it's not gonna be as bright as a 100watt bulb. Other than that the major light companies lights don't do any magic tricks or anything special for all the extra $$$ you spend.

Tree branches do tend to like the more expensive brands like you listed better than the cheap ones. They all break off and get smashed the same. The cheaper lights are just cheaper to replace and don't come with cool lens covers that let everyone know how much you spent.

That pathy is looking real nice. What rearend do you have under that thing? It doesn't look like a H233b? :beer: