+ 3 mpg? Shocked...

mws

More data is required, but I was shocked at the last fill up. When using the newer Pathy for around town jaunts, I was getting about 12 to 13 mpg. Last night, I noticed I had well over 200 miles, which normally meant I was about due. But the gas gauge still read over 1/4. Hmmm.... maybe a gas gauge issue?

So I stopped and filled up... Took only 13 gallons. That means, wow! Over 15 mpg with 100% in town driving!

All I changed was the fluids and wheels/tires. The oil, TC, transmission, and rear diff were changed over to Mobil 1 and Redline. And I pulled the steel wheels with 31x10.5-15 Cooper STT's to put on the winter tires/aluminum wheels in a P255/70-16. These work out to be almost exactly the same size, but about 15 lbs per wheel lighter.

I will monitor carefully and let you all know if the improvement continues.

I knew there would be some improvement, but the 25% was a shocker.

From a theoretical standpoint, I think the tires make more difference. I'll find out in the spring when I put the heavy wheels back on. I'll make sure to do some careful mpg checks now, and then a couple tanks with just the wheels.

no kidding, Im going to kick out my windows, get 4 donut spares to ride around on, rip out all but 1 seat,remove the bumpers, hood, spare and roof rack.....I think this will help some. -bounce- -bounce- :lol::lol:

Don't forget ALL the interior panels...all you want is a bare metal interior! :lol: