Pacesetters

sammyb33

I know this has been asked before, but what i am searching for are some people who do have the pacesetters on their trucks, and what THEY think of them. if they have had any direct problems on their pathfinders.

I have been looking at thorleys too, but dont really know if i want to spend 330 on some headers...then still have to buy high flow, and a muffler...217 sounds much better, then end up gettin the muffler and new cat for about 350...then either weld it all up myself, or have a shop do it...(prob gonna do it myself...maybe get a shop to bend the pipe from the muffler back...)

-sam

ive got pacesetters, just make sure the shop does a good job installing them. the shop that installed did a bad job which i had to go back and fix because it was leaky. anyway just make sure everything is all nice and sealed

I've got some. They came off my wrecked 89. The tubing is heavy-gauge and the flanges are halfway decent. The y-pipe sucks BAD though. Apparently they just blow a small hole through the tube with a torch before welding the other one on top for the 'y' bit. You might look into modding or replacing the y-pipe if it's in the same shape mine was, but otherwise they're a fairly good design, equal-length tubes and all. I'm not hooking up the EGR on mine, so no idea on fit for that, but the EGR tube is bendable if you're careful. :)

ok sounds good. sounds like im gonna pick up some pacesetters then. thanks 88

yea i mean as long as the few people with them dont have any leaking flanges, poor recieved product from the factory, then really i dont see a problem.

although my buddy who i often wheel with has some on his samurai...and now have cracked twice...once on the flange and then the second crack was on the actual pipe not the flange....sooooo no one reports this for ours then im gonna go get some thanks

Mr. P bought some, but I don't think he has installed them yet. :shrug:

Yeah, mine are still sitting in the other room. Been too busy, hopefully Jan. or so they'll go on. My father-in-law is a wrench, and he said he'd like to help, but he's been over in Cambodia for a month. Dude has skillz. I guess we'll have some good father-son(inlaw) time in Jan. :D

I have a set of pacesetters in my garage. haven't put them on yet but I reallocated a spare EGR tube from the boneyard and plan on adding an extension into mine to compensate for the lack of alignment. Not sure how much yet but I'm ready just in case I can't get the original to fit.

thomas has a set of pacesetters (casey T). he had to extend the egr tube to fit. (i have thorleys, i just had to "bend" my egr)

flip thomas a pm about his headers ;)

headers in general jd, are to replace nissans crap design of the ever cracking/leaking/stud breaking manifolds. headers fix that issue (better design) and they allow for a nicer sound, easier access and more farting and breathing, which is what makes our motors happy. :)

And, they fix that PITA access oil filter problem! -bounce-

Well, actually, they make the access even worse to being near impossible so you end up putting in a remote filter which fixes the problem...