Fender flare value?

mws

What's a fair price for a set of fender flares?

Another NPORA member and I are looking to make a deal, and both of us are clueless as to what they're worth!

Also, can anyone confirm I can use the flares off a '92 4-door on my '88 2 door?

just the front 2? or do you want the whole set?

and i dont see why they all wouldnt fit....the same bulge is used in the 2 door as the 4 door......the onlything i could see being different would be how the mud flaps fit....but i believe slicks are the flapless ones right?

j/y in my area want starting at $20ea.

the flares should fit but keep in mind that there are at least 3 different designs if you guys are doing a partial swap. no mudflaps, soft mudflaps, and hard mud flaps.. the are all a tad different and don't look good mixed.

Here (Canada) I paid $50 IIRC for one from the dealership. My dad just bought a set for his '06 Titan, bushwacker ones. They priced at $800.00 for the full set, yea, i know, holy *&$@. He ended up getting them for $500 and I got my boss at work (bodyshop/paintshop) to only charge $100 for painting them, since I'd do all the work.

There is only 2 companies im aware of that make them besides factory:

Bushwacker

Custom Truck

i put 95's on my 87...i had to hit a couple of extra holes but if you get all of the lil plastic dealies it works out...the only diff is the front valence cut out on the flare is diff...but i think that is also interchangable (or at least can be made to fit)...i also took a dremil and got rid of the flaps...

2265146_35_full.jpg

2265146_36_full.jpg

2265146_37_full.jpg

2265146_38_full.jpg

Guest SuperSon

unfortunately bushwacker doesnt make the pocket style for our pathys and HB :mellow: Our pathys would look real cool on those.Damn they make it for some older fords and toyotas why not the pathy:angry:

I still wanna see those japanese fender flares. Anyone has any pics please post :D

unfortunately bushwacker doesnt make the pocket style for our pathys and HB  :mellow: Our pathys would look real cool on those.Damn they make it for some older fords and toyotas why not the pathy:angry:

I still wanna see those japanese fender flares. Anyone has any pics please post :D

You might check out this topic from over a year ago

Icelandic Flares, Terrano/Pathfinder Fender Flares

In the first post, first line you will find a link back to the original topic that lead up to this. (more pics and info)

Guest SuperSon

Thanks red ..That looks sweet.

I dont think anyone in the forum has done that mod. Too bad none of us lives close by bushwackers factory. I can almost guarantee that one of their pocket or cut out flares would fit our pathy with a little modification. Those icelandic fiberglass ones probably wouldnt hold up as good as the plastic bushwackers.

Itll be nice to actually fit the flares one by one while at their factory or showroom and find the closest fit but unfortunate nobody here lives close by.

Thanks red ..That looks sweet.

I dont think anyone in the forum has done that mod. Too bad none of us lives close by bushwackers factory. I can almost guarantee that one of their pocket or cut out flares would fit our pathy with a little modification. Those icelandic fiberglass ones probably wouldnt hold up as good as the plastic bushwackers.

Itll be nice to actually fit the flares one by one while at their factory or showroom and find the closest fit but unfortunate nobody here lives close by.

sssh i have bushwhackers on king caca...... :P

Bushwacker does not make a direct fit "cutout" flare for Pathfinders... if you read the whole thread (both of them) you will learn that.

But they do make ones for other trucks that could likely fitted to a Pathy. Siggy's are for a 79-83 Toyota truck and he was able to make them work.

Slick, yours are not the cut out or pocket style flares... after a look on thier site your flares appear to be either OE Style or from the Extend-a-Fender line

After looking at the site it appears that they no longer make anything for WD21's... seems they trimmed the product line as a whole for older trucks (don't even list my 83 yota anymore) :shrug:

Edited by RedPath88

Guest SuperSon

Theres gotta be one thatll have a close fit besides the one for a yota. I know that the jeep ones will not fit because of the more squared curves on them. hmmm..maybe a 87 4runner?

I prefer the plastic tho coz plastic you can mold it to the curves it need to with a heat gun. I just like the looks of those pocket style with the screws exposed it makes it look real rugged you know :cool2:

Again, I will refer you back to those two threads... the 87 will look different than the ones pictures on Siggy's truck... and subject to opinion, may not look good at all. 84-88 Toyota Trucks including 4Runners to '89 had a flat top wheel well.. so the flares are an entirely different shape than the ones pictured.

Maybe that flat top will look good given the trim line in our trucks sides... but until someone tries it and provides pics, we just do not know for sure.

ohh yea...if u do find some bushwackers on ebay...the fronts are the same on the HB and pathy...but the right rear is diff for the cut out on the fuel door...pathy is rear of wheel well and HB is in front...i learned that the hard way...but they were easy enough to sell back...

I've got a full stock set off my 95 that I'll give to a loving home. I have no idea what shipping will be though, since they'd need a pretty large box. Mud flaps too, BTW.

I'm in 99004 if you want to figure it out. Probably less than 10lbs...

Edited by Oliver

Really? Are you going to be in Vancouver around new years? I'll be right across the creek in Gresham from 12-29 through to 1-3...

And '88 and Slick - I am still interested in yours as well! My nephew needs a couple and I would like a spare or two...

Not sure if this was mentioned or not. The older Pathys have different mounting tans for the flares than the newer ones. The cut off date might have been '93? Meaning anything before '93 should fit... but I'm not sure. We tried to fit mine on a '93+ and the tab mounts were different. Maybe some can confirm this.

^ and i think its only like the front 1 or 2 screws up front...as i said i put 95s on my 87 and most were just the sandwich clips (plastic puts the metal in the middle and the screws pull the plastic around the metal so its plastic metal plastic)...i know the far fronts if u use self tappers or drill and use nuts and bolts it will hold it good...

I hadn't seen this thread until today. :hide:

I am too looking at getting some new flares since my new tires are 13" wide and stick out 2" past the body. It would also be great to have a flare with a bigger wheel well since the tires have torn the living hell out of one of my fenders.

So here's the deal...I understand that the WD21 and R50s have different wheel wells, but I think they are close enough that any flare that fits a WD21 I can modify to fit an R50. I'm looking at Bushwackers cut-out line and I'll be ordering a set here soon.

If anyone wants to do a little research (I'll be doing some as well) I need some suggestions on which ones to try. I'd like to get a set made for a 4 door where the back flare is made to mount to the door (2 pieces) but I can modify it if necessary.

Everyone says the Toyota and Jeep (XJ) flares won't work because the wheel wells are square on them.....but you CUT the fenders to fit? I'm looking into the Jeep XJ flares as well.

So...which model should I buy that will be the most likely to fit....the older Toyota pick ups? Any more suggestions appreciated and I'll order the end of the week. sssh