Time for a new server?

turbopath

I emailed Jim yet again about a week ago through his apparently maintained and updated personal email accout off another site. He's keeping his other personal sites updated, and things seem up in general, but no reply. Weird, its like a brick wall. Are there any logistics on simply picking the forum up and starting again elsewhere, as has been mentioned?

Hopefully tomorrow I can get IPB to hook me up with FTP access and all will be updated and virus-free after that. They're closed for the weekend right now...

Good man. But really, are there any other measures that could put power in our (your) hands?

so wait.....Jim seems to be updating his other stuff? but no reply towards NPORA????

so we think he is ok now financially? and just dosent wanna deal with NPORA anymore or what???

-sam (confused)

He is still dealing with a bad divorce, living with a GF, Pathy has no clutch left, and he's been very, very broke. Lost the Boeing job and started a new one recently. That's all I know. I'm guessing that I've just been appointed to keep the forum running cause he doesn't have the time or knowhow to do it? *shrug*

That's cool, I think that most people here have had tough times (or have them now) and can understand that bouncing back, can sometimes take a long time.

Jim: Aaron is doing a pretty good job given the situation.. and there are people here who try and help when possible :aok:

Aaron: your work is much appreciated :)

That's cool, I think that most people here have had tough times (or have them now) and can understand that bouncing back, can sometimes take a long time.

Jim: Aaron is doing a pretty good job given the situation.. and there are people here who try and help when possible :aok:

Aaron: your work is much appreciated :)

-bounce- what red said ^^^ -bounce- :aok::beer:

Why, spank you very much. I called IPB today and they said I can't have that access info because I'm not the owner of the account. I kindly suggested they email the pertinent info to Jim so he can pass it on to me, being as we have viruses coming in DAILY and we need to get it fixed...idiots, anyway.

Speaking of viruses, todays special one shuts down my browser (at home) and the antivirus goes beserk over a "hacking tool" (at work). I'll probably stay away unlit things are dealt with or I have updated a different HD/OS; I am not willing to risk my home computer and especially not the work one... :shrug:

B