Speakers

HarryChest

I was giving my pathy a rest and driving around an old camry with a crappy CD player, so I borrowed the good one from the pathy. I just tried to put it back in the pathy and now the speakers won't cut on, the CD player works fine otherwise. I checked the fuses and connections, and even tried a different CD player. Any ideas?

I would definately say that something isnt hooked up right. keep checking those speaker wires maybe you hooked them up backwards?? check the fade and balance buttons to make sure it is playing on front and rear....wierd.

get a flowmaster exhaust! The only time my radio has been on since I got it was when the girlfriend was in it!

haha im also radioless but dont have the sound of the flowmaster.. hopefully i get a chance to install an old cd player this weekend.

maybe you hooked them up backwards

They still work hooked up backwards, the cone just fires backwards. (At least it's this way with subs, I have a 12" MTX that I inverted in a sealed box, changed polarity and it fires inwards)...

If the speakers are cutting out you've got a loose wire in the harness or on the speaker I would say.

Run new wires! :D

Thats what I did right as I put my new stereo in, re-ran everything.. didn't use the stock harness.

Have ya tried the volume control?!?! :P

I ran into a similar problem when I installed a nice Sony system in my boat and I did what NC95 suggested and got an old speaker and wired it directly. Found out it was a problem with the harness. Cheap fix and no wire pulling required.

Now if I could just get the display to work in my stock radio I could actually tell which station I'm listening to.

My old physics teacher told me that he removed all the stereos out of every vehicle he owns just because he drives waaaayy to fast when some songs play. I can totally see where he is comming from. Hes one of those cool teachers who do burnouts in the parking lot with the students and tells the principal its a physics experiment :lol:

oh, and he drives and Xterra, so hes O.K. in my books.

its his stock radio, i dont think its orange like a normal aftermarket deck wireing....

-sam

Now gee...having wiring universal would be just too easy. I actually took it out one day and pulled what I could apart but couldn't find anything that look broken. Put it all back together and low and behold the display worked...for 2 days.

My old physics teacher told me that he removed all the stereos out of every vehicle he owns just because he drives waaaayy to fast when some songs play. I can totally see where he is comming from. Hes one of those cool teachers who do burnouts in the parking lot with the students and tells the principal its a physics experiment :lol:

oh, and he drives and Xterra, so hes O.K. in my books.

Crap, I did that and it led to the police bringing me to the principal... :rolleyes::D

Ditto on the stock speaker amp, make sure the stock one is getting power, otherwise you have a no-go. The alternative if you don't like the stock amp or can't/don't want to figure it out, is to just run new wire to each speaker. Its not hard, just takes some time. If you're already doing it, and if you're into sound, you might consider just going to a quality speaker wire and an amp, etc.