Lexus...parks itself...

unccpathfinder

Exactly. I don't know how comfortable I would be entrusting my $60K (?) Lexus to a computer to steer into a tight parking spot. Hell, I probably wouldn't park it somewhere that required computer guidance in the first place. I'll opt for the back 40 and walk a bit, thank you very much.

i also think it shows how many people cant drive....

Yeah, its funny how bad some people are. Here in BC Canada, we have a good system for learning to drive. When your 16, you can receive an "L" if you get %70 on a written test. This "L" (stands for learners) ables you to drive, only if a person 25yrs of age with DL is in the car with you. You have that license for 1 yr (i think they uped it to 2yrs now).

After that 1 (now 2) year, you take a road test with an instructor, if you pass, you recieve an "N" (new driver). You can drive by yourself, but can only have 1 passenger who isnt family. You have to have an "N" for 2 years then take another road test to get your full license. The tests all include parrellel parking, stall parking, and all the basics.

An independant company offers a driving course that will reduce the amount of time you need to have your "L" for, 3 month reduction. That means you get your license 3 months earlier, so all the young punks (like myself) like that idea so they take the course ($900). Honestly, I took the course just to get the reduction, but it was really insightful. They teach you points to look for while parrell parking, and its really really easy after that, almost fun.

The funny thing is that the younger generation knows how to drive better (dont cry that I said this) than the older gen, just because the tight filter they use to give licenses. I still see people in they're 30s and 40s attempting to parallel park and having to do it 3 or 4 times. Then you see a teenager swing in the first try with ease... just something to think about, dont assume teenagers are all hopped up on every drug and drunk driving really fast everywhere, because the fact is, they are probably the safest driver percentage out there.

Wow, I wrote alot :unsure:

eglaisi is right. BC does have a pretty good system

I'm almost nineteen, I got my L the day after I turned sixteen. Had my L for 9 months (took the expensive course), and now I have to keep my N for two years, which is almost up.

The funny thing is that the younger generation knows how to drive better (dont cry that I said this) than the older gen, just because the tight filter they use to give licenses. I still see people in they're 30s and 40s attempting to parallel park and having to do it 3 or 4 times. Then you see a teenager swing in the first try with ease... just something to think about, dont assume teenagers are all hopped up on every drug and drunk driving really fast everywhere, because the fact is, they are probably the safest driver percentage out there.

Amen. But the younger drivers lack the experience you get from driving for 30 years, obviously. Hear about kids rolling their cars from taking a corner too fast? Bet they learned their lesson.

Yeah, its funny how bad some people are. Here in BC Canada, we have a good system for learning to drive. When your 16, you can receive an "L" if you get %70 on a written test. This "L" (stands for learners) ables you to drive, only if a person 25yrs of age with DL is in the car with you. You have that license for 1 yr (i think they uped it to 2yrs now).

After that 1 (now 2) year, you take a road test with an instructor, if you pass, you recieve an "N" (new driver). You can drive by yourself, but can only have 1 passenger who isnt family. You have to have an "N" for 2 years then take another road test to get your full license. The tests all include parrellel parking, stall parking, and all the basics.

An independant company offers a driving course that will reduce the amount of time you need to have your "L" for, 3 month reduction. That means you get your license 3 months earlier, so all the young punks (like myself) like that idea so they take the course ($900). Honestly, I took the course just to get the reduction, but it was really insightful. They teach you points to look for while parrell parking, and its really really easy after that, almost fun.

Wow, I wrote alot :unsure:

well alrighty then :rolleyes:

It's an absolute shame how undeniably lazy the upper-class is becoming. That car's a crock...I'm sorry, I don't care how cool people think it is.

Next up for upper-class America, the toilet that sh!t's itself! Alas, and wipes itself too!

Why dont you tell us how you really feel??? :lol:....it isnt just upperclass its all people they wanna have their cake and eat it too, thats why we have a country of fat asses.

Beautiful car, it is...I priced one, cheapest options available, take a look at the MSRP

here

Yikes...THAT'S why I say upper-class...

yes, that IS why we have a country of fat a$$es.

Its not an automatic system either. Car and Driver tested it last month. You still have to pull up in position, check out the camera and basically program it to park how you want it to do it. They say it takes about 30 seconds to get things all lined up. Nice, I'd love to see somebody try that downtown, blocking traffic for 30 sec while they figure out how to program the stupid thing. :rolleyes: I wouldn't be surprised to see people's $80K rides getting keyed and messed up after pulling that stunt.

I wouldn't be surprised to see people's $80K rides getting keyed and messed up after pulling that stunt.

Yeah no kidding! Sadly, though, there will be people that actually utilize this awesome "selling point" feature :D