Snorkels

Dowser

Hey... Been looking at the snorkels out there. Was hoping that this could be a write up that lists all Commercial Versions availalbe for us. I'll make 2 seperate lists for both the 87-95 and the 96 up. Once again... this is for Comercial Snorkels only... not do it yourself jobs. Add some options if you know of some that arent listed.

90-95

ARB

96-04

ARB Navara.

05-06

ARB - 05-06

TJM 05-06

And thats all I could find....

Dowser :oops:

*fixed years*

Edited by Dowser

I was driving lastnight and it was raining REALLY hard.

I thought to myself "If it rains any harder than this I'll need to get a snorkel"

How are snorkels good if it's raining super hard and you're driving down the freeway? Wouldn't water get into it?

Still goes through your Air Box.

If I remember Correctly, Vsick has a Snorkel that Doesnt have that Sleak top that follows the roof back. He has an 80's Pathy I'm pretty sure, but did he swap the engine? I have a distant recollection of reading about him having a different engine. Confirmation?

Dowser

Ok... then heres the Question... So he has a Holden in there.... Usually you want to buy a Snorkel so that it fits the Exterior setup of your Vehicle Right? I mean you can run the internals with Flex tubing and crap to hook up to a Air box or whatever its going to, and so on.... Anyone remember if his snorkel Looked like it like it fit proper on his Pathy? And if it did, What would be the problem for you 80's guys to hook one up. Anyone know what company he was using and for what Vehicle type?

Dowser

Ahhhhh.... I see.... Well that Brings up a different Question then. If you own a 90-95 and Dont like the Sleak Version, I suppose you could run the snorkel that Vsick had instead. Still just going to an Air Box... That Right?

Dowser

Steve has a firemandan Snorkel...

Here is a pic so you can see what it looks like from the outside... hopefully he will be in soon and has some internal shots (*I do not recall where I saw his other pics)

sig9lq.jpg

But f you look around I am sure there are some here, somewhere

Steve has a firemandan Snorkel...

a WHAT? because i never really liked the look of the sleek look of the ARBs that follow the roofline back, and wanted one like this, and wondered if he made it himself....and if so, wondering if he knew where he could get a snorkel head like the one he has, or if he got it off ebay or something...

thanks,

-sam

I guess they have two different ones down there, his and the one like SW has.. err had?

At one point he offered to come up with pricing (and shipping) for those of us State side... and prolly Canada... so in North America. Said they don't cost nearly as much there as they do her. Plus the exchange rate. After shipping, who knows, maybe it is worth it. If he is still willing :shrug:

Firemandan Snorkel? Wasnt Firemandan a member here? if thats a Home job it looks Damn near Factory made. Look at Vsicks Pathy in the Calander Shots... theres a side shot of it there.

Dowser

a WHAT? because i never really liked the look of the sleek look of the ARBs that follow the roofline back, and wanted one like this, and wondered if he made it himself....and if so, wondering if he knew where he could get a snorkel head like the one he has, or if he got it off ebay or something...

thanks,

-sam

snorkel head : http://www.4by4connection.com/landrover3.html

Got me thinking on half home made half factory (snorkel head) equal same grate look at an affordable price -bounce- :beer:

If the thinking move into action I'll be shore to take pics ;)