Newb :)

87pathmaker

Whats up guys..

I'm a nissan guy, and needed another vehicle. I picked up a 87 pathfinder v6 at the begining of the year as a "work truck." Well that's what I told the girlfriend. I did need it to get around after I blew the motor in my 95 240sx, and decided to finish that build (my auto-x car).

I bought the Pathy from a family guy who's wife was making him get rid of it, also his "work truck." It came with a trailmaster 4" lift, rancho shocks, 15x10 a.r. wheels and 33" bf goodrich mt's, warn manual lock hubs and a box of tow straps, a hi-jack, a manual winch and a matching spare rim and tire so I was off to a good start if I decided to go get stuck. I know a lot about building cars, but not much about trucks. Regardless, i'm hooked. I want to eventually do a SAS on the front, but that's not going to happen while it's my daily. I have a few mods in mind that will allow me to still take on some pretty tough trails, but allow me to keep it streetable.

Future mods for me are simple, but nessesary:

Calmini Heavy Duty Steering kit

Calmini Heavy duty torsion bars

Calmini Shocks

Lockright rear locker

ARB bumper

Need to find a safari rack if anybody knows who makes one

Fresh headers, Y-pipe, and 3" low profile side dump pipe

I keep toying with the idea of buying a new truck, but this thing is too much fun. :)

Jake

(pics, sorry about the night shots.. don't have any action pics right now)

the wheeler :)

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

The Racer :) muahahaha

DSC01358.jpg

Now I just need another daily driver so I can have two projects.. :)

Edited by 87pathmaker

Welcome to the forums... as for the Calmini steering, take a good look at L&P's setup too ;)

I've looked at that setup... the only thing i'm concerned with is turnaround.. are the kits stocked? And also core fees, I don't have much time for down time, and shipping back to the east coast seems like a hassle.

Jake

I've looked at that setup... the only thing i'm concerned with is turnaround.. are the kits stocked? And also core fees, I don't have much time for down time, and shipping back to the east coast seems like a hassle.

Jake

Contact "Pathfinder Phil" (the P of L&P)on these forums and he can clear everything up :aok:

Jake

Howdy! Welcome to NPORA, Nissan's and wheeling! Yes, this is Phil, the P in L&P here.Anyway, to address your concerns:

Turn around. Week to 10 days. We've had people cancel their orders from "Other" companies to order ours, because after 3 months, they're still waiting.

Shipping back. Yeah, I'll admit, it can be kind of a hassle. But, you can use the same box we send your system in, shipping isn't very much, and isn't it worth it to save ~$200?

Down time. If you pay the core charges ahead of time, there is no real downtime, just install time. Which is at most, a few hours.

Also note that we have a 5 year guarentee on the CL, which we believe NOBODY else offers.

Ask around, we have the best bang for the buck. We feel that NO system is STRONGER than ours. We have not had the problems some of the other companies have had with their steering. We have had people pull other companies steering off to put ours on. More than 1.

I've done about all I can do to convince you. Now the choice is yours. If you have ANY other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Howdy! Welcome to NPORA, Nissan's and wheeling! Yes, this is Phil, the P in L&P here.Anyway, to address your concerns:

Turn around. Week to 10 days. We've had people cancel their orders from "Other" companies to order ours, because after 3 months, they're still waiting.

Shipping back. Yeah, I'll admit, it can be kind of a hassle. But, you can use the same box we send your system in, shipping isn't very much, and isn't it worth it to save ~$200?

Down time. If you pay the core charges ahead of time, there is no real downtime, just install time. Which is at most, a few hours.

Also note that we have a 5 year guarentee on the CL, which we believe NOBODY else offers.

Ask around, we have the best bang for the buck. We feel that NO system is STRONGER than ours. We have not had the problems some of the other companies have had with their steering. We have had people pull other companies steering off to put ours on. More than 1.

I've done about all I can do to convince you. Now the choice is yours. If you have ANY other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

I appreciate the response to my concerns... I have no doubt in the quality of your product, I've heard/read great things about it and would love to give it a try. I can't promise my business right now, but I'll more than likely be in contact with you.

Thanks,

Jake

I didn't even know what a diff drop kit was, but I did some research. It sounds like the 4" trailmaster kit drops the lower crossmember down.

Why are these bad? There is obviously not going to be as much diff clearance, but other than that i'm not familiar with the drawbacks?

Jake

Edited by 87pathmaker

Ok... just did some more searching...

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly: My truck came with the 4" trailmaster lift. I can add calmini rear +3" rear springs, front uca's and torsion bars and make it 7" of overall lift? Is it nessecary to lengthen the rear trailing arms (i think that's what they're called) to accomidate the extra lift? All this information is coming at me too soon :)