Rhino-Liner, Herculiner, etc

Guest jingram

Guest jingram

Has anybody ripped out their carpet, especially in the back and gone to Herculiner or one of the professionally sprayed on products? I am very interested in this. I did a forum search and found guys have done bumpers and one guy did half his truck, but nobody from what I can tell has done any of the inside. If anybody has and there are pics available I would love to see them!

i have plans for that in the near future...i am still finishing up the minor details of my swap but my carpet never smelled until i disturbed it and then the insulation stunk pretty bad (just an old smell) so i pulled it out...the back hatch area is just like a truck bed but u need to cut the carpet at the back of the seats to still have material on those or make some sort of back plate...

on the rest of the cab theres like this 1/8" thick insulator stuff thats not consistant across the whole floor so that would need to come up and possibly make some metal plates to cover the electrical wires to level it off on the floor...im really thinking about trying to put aluminum diamond plate in the driver and pass side floor boards and maybe in the back seat and rhino lining it...

i donno how long it will take me to get to that stage but its the plans

I need to -alcohol- some more.....I'm planning on yanking all the interior carpet out and doing this too it once I have another vehicle to drive for everyday. The Pathy will be my off-roading toy for good. I also want to put safari doors on all four doors or do something like what 87Pathy done with his doors. Looks good with the two door, but would have to do all four or something else. Good luck with everything! :beer:

Roll/spray on bedliner is going in my Pathy in a week or so, I need to start gutting the interior.

uncc, I would stay away from diamond plate on the drivers and pass floor. Diamond plate gets really slippery when it's wet. I wouldn't want my feet/legs going up under the dash in an accident....

uncc, I would stay away from diamond plate on the drivers and pass floor. Diamond plate gets really slippery when it's wet. I wouldn't want my feet/legs going up under the dash in an accident....

yea i plan on covering it with the rhino lining it and possibly if thats still slipery cover it with some of that grip paper...but good look out...plus i've got to wait till some gets to the scrap yard again so its only $1 a lb