Missing the Path.........

rmd0311

Well., I have been missing my pathfinder alot lately. Don't get me wrong I love driving the Maxima, but the Pathfinder gave me a feeling of roughness I no longer have on the Max. A feeling of I could care less where I go cause my vehicle will take me there in any weather condition.

Oh well., what can I say... Sadness and regret is what I feel. I think its time I buy a beater. I though about buying a pickup, but figure an older Pathy might serve the same purpose. What do you guys think? 91-92 4x4 5spd. Can the rear seats be taken off and the whole back be made of rugged plastic to haul stuff?

My next car will once again be a rugged SUV... Not because I need it, but because I like the way it makes me not care about where I go. Maybe that sounds gay. Just venting... :confused:

Edited by rmd0311

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I'd have a hard time not having a truck, even if I didn't drive it all the time. :shrug:

The good news is that you are in a perfect position to shop for a deal/exactly what you want. I'd recommend getting a 94or95 unless you live in salt country. The reason being, the timing belt change interval is 105k not 60k. ;) If you look for one with 100k+, you can get it just after timing belt/waterpump change (mine had exhaust redone also) but while it's still in fair shape. Of course, I payed too much for mine but that was 2 years ago and I live in Cali.

Yeah, you could pull the seats and rear carpet and line it anyway you wanted. I'd make a backstop behind the front seats and have wells where the passenger leg area was. :aok:

B

Your feeling the same thing I felt when I sold my GMC to buy a VW. Thank god my pathy came around like it did, about a year later.

Gas milege and speed are all well and good, but you have to have something that can make it over a curb without busting an oil pan open :D

But seriously....

How mechanically self sufficient are you?

If you are capable of doing all your own repairs, picking up a WD21 Pathy is an incredibly inexpensive way to have a second vehicle with mucho functionality. I just proved it with my '88. For under $4K, I have a very capable, pleasantly comfortable truck with like new reliability and handling.

I'm saying... Love the Max, but I was at this state park the other day. I could have driven straight to the lake to fish. But noooo... I gotta park 1 mile away and walk the rest of the way, because there is no way the Max can make it through that freaking nasty trail....

94-95 would be more money. Looking to spend 1-2k... Let's see the need is not pressing, it will something where I look and look till I find the right one.

Keep you chin up man!!!!

The Right Pathy will fall into you lap at the right time.... Keep the eyes and ears open...

The day I had given up and decided to by a Heep from one of my Clients I got a call telling me about a Black 95SE..... 30 min later I was looking at it, Driving and ummm went to the bank and cut the guy a check.....