Ford Making Waves (or is that headlines) Again

vengeful

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14686147/

DETROIT - Ford announced Tuesday that Alan Mulally, executive vice president of the aircraft-maker Boeing, will become the automaker’s new CEO.

Current CEO Bill Ford will step down as chief executive of the nation’s oldest automaker, which bears his family’s name. He will remain chairman of the troubled firm. The 61-year-old Mulally will hold the title of president as well as chief executive at Ford. He has spent 37 years at Boeing.

*snip*

Click link for full article.

Anybody else notice that the US automakers have to move manufacturing out of the US to be successful, whereas the imports are moving in?

Can you all say "Thank you, UAW?"

Before you blast me as being anti-American worker, stop. I am extremely PRO American worker. Enough so that I ended a very lucrative career path and accepted more than a 50% pay cut to work for a company that is 100% pro-American worker.

However, you can safely label me as anti "Bureaucratic, massive, anti-management geared organized union". In my book, they are second only to Wal-Mart in driving companies out of business and jobs offshore.

I worked in a US automobile plant. I carried (against my will) UAW card. What they do for their workers has become unbearably counterproductive.

they are second only to Wal-Mart in driving companies out of business and jobs offshore.

OMG, someone of like mind!! :o

And here I beginning to believe that I may be the only one who thought that of Wal-Mart!

:beer: Martin :beer:

Anybody else notice that the US automakers have to move manufacturing out of the US to be successful, whereas the imports are moving in?

Can you all say "Thank you, UAW?"

Before you blast me as being anti-American worker, stop. I am extremely PRO American worker. Enough so that I ended a very lucrative career path and accepted more than a 50% pay cut to work for a company that is 100% pro-American worker.

However, you can safely label me as anti "Bureaucratic, massive, anti-management geared organized union". In my book, they are second only to Wal-Mart in driving companies out of business and jobs offshore.

I worked in a US automobile plant. I carried (against my will) UAW card. What they do for their workers has become unbearably counterproductive.

Unions made themselves obsolete years ago lobbying for all the labor laws and getting things established like OHSA and other regulations.

The whole, "the union will fight for you in case of an issue with management" is a croc of BS and nothing more than a pittyfull excuse to still rape peoples paychecks.

AMEN to the union sh!t!!!! and as far as wal-mart they wont put them in the city of Chicago cause of what they do to the local mom and pop places that have been around for generations and I :clap::clap: them. and wal-mart has tried VERY hard to get in here chit we have almost three million people in the city of Chicago so you know they want to get in here, but we do have them in the burbs but it will be a cold day in hell before wallyworld gets in here

Boy, Ford sure is in trouble.

1. Rebates to get you to even look at a Ford

2. Zero percent financing up to 72 months??? Even with BAD credit.

3. No products that stir the soul, less Mustang and Ford GT

4. Explorer and Expedition fall short of Nissan, Toyota, and GM/GMC.

5. All of the above = DISASTER

Hmm....Ford is at it again...It seems that Dr. Stupid is in charge over there....

Ford Pays Mulally $18.5M Signing Bonus

Ford To Cut More Salaried Jobs

Coincidence??

Ford's stock is rapidly losing ground, too...it's down about 1% per day. Down to a measly 8.71 now... :lol:

So...who's going to run the pool?

well at least they are trying to fix the problems, if anyone remebers Sears to do this exact same thing a number of years ago and everyone wrote them off but they have managed to survive; so only time will tell. And if that stock is that low that might be a nice long term investment .

Edited by fordsho90

So we were looking at some RV trailers over the weekend, dreaming after waking up sore from camping in a tent. Then I noticed the Ford dealer up the block, new on one side of the street, used on the other side. So we strolled over, just for kicks, to see what they were asking for a couple used trucks, not that I would buy one, just bored. After talking with the sales guy, he literally tells me that with the incentives they're offering right now, they could get a guy into a moderately optioned F150 for maybe a couple thousand more than the used 2000-2003's I was asking about. :huh: Sure, he's trying to push you over to the new lot, but its still pretty insightful into the business plan when the sales competition for new trucks is from their own used lot!

well at least they are trying to fix the problems, if anyone remebers Sears to do this exact same thing a number of years ago and everyone wrote them off but they have managed to survive; so only time will tell.

Who is now owned by Kmart

Really these companies that have been around for a long time have a knack for staying around. Tough times come and go, every company face them off and on. Ford has been around long enough to have earned the benefit of the doubt that they can pull through.

And if that stock is that low that might be a nice long term investment .
Sometimes I still kick myself in the a$$ for not buying into Qwest when they were down to 1.07 a share. It is not drastically higher now , but that was the time to buy. Edited by RedPath88

• 2 weeks later...