eBay performance chips?

blamtro

They add about as much HP to your vehicle as a Type R sticker on your rear window. The first item, #1, modifies the signal of the IAT sensor, which isn't even used to control engine functions at all on the Pathy.

Basically, the "best bang for your buck" mods are: upgraded intake and upgraded exhaust. After that, swapping cams or getting the chip reprogrammed by JWT or Jet is the next step.

lol i bought those on ebay when i got drunk once....still have them never even put them in and when they got to my house i was like wtf are these little thingies"

lol @ "wtf are these little thingies"

They're about as effective as a Swamp cooler when its 70% humidity with dew points in the upper 70s.

They're about as useful as a Chinese Keyboard on your US computer.

They do about as much good as Ex-Lax when you already have the squirts.

In other words....THEY DON'T DO JACK!

Great scam though. Take a 35 cent plastic box, 8 cents worth of wire, and a 10 cent resistor and sell it for $25-30. The sad thing is there are actually people out there stupid enough to buy these things.

Great scam though. Take a 35 cent plastic box, 8 cents worth of wire, and a 10 cent resistor and sell it for $25-30. The sad thing is there are actually people out there stupid enough to buy these things.

Don't forget the sticker on the box. The sticker is the key to adding HP.

Ohh, right, a sticker printed off their home inkjet printer, that cost them all of 3 cents to make.

Still...that doesn't quite add up to $30. And then they charge you $5 to ship a teeny tiny little box. Shipping on that is like $1.05, and you can put it in a 39 cent bubble mailer and it'll be fine.

I like this line from the description:

"There is no risk of damage to the engine or electrical system since the modified sensor signal will always remain with the manufacturer's recommended specifications."

In other words, it does not change anything, even they say so. :blink: