Toyota FJ Cruiser

govols74n

Dam you know I havent even thought about those (probably because they are so damed ugly). I can understand why Honda might keep doing it though. In a couple of years when they fade & crack then people will want to replace them.. well you will not find any in a junk yard so you have to go to the stealership so you can get bent over. just my opinion

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally if i had the money to put a down payment on a car right now i would buy an FJ. i like how they look like nothing on the road today, and i would love to have one because it would prob. alwas stay muddy, just to prove that this was no mall-crawler and was actually used for its purpose.....

just my opinion....

-sam

(oh but i would keep the pathfinder also, i mean who wants to hardcore offroad a new vehicle? i always found that to be dumb.....)

I see your point. They definetely do not look like anything else on the road today. And they are supposed to be really good off-road (it depends on what you consider off-road in my opinion) just the fact that they have locking diff is a huge + but if I had the money I would probably buy new X-terra

(it depends on what you consider off-road in my opinion)

I agree, if you consider off-roading driving really fast on a dirt road a then turning really sharp off-roading then stock the FJ is better than the Xterra, but if i could afford an FJ i might consider it, but I would wait until they are older so i would not feel bad about doing some damage

The stock tail lights, and the mirrors are begging to be tree ornaments, they stick out wider then the body. The mirrors are gonna anyway, but they stick farther out then I deem really nessecary. If someone said here's the keys, go break it, I'd be more then willing to though. P...

Can not wait to see what that plastic looks like in a few years. Hell it would not last 5 years her in Colorado where the sun is pretty brutal. I noticed the new chevy avalanches do not have all that plastic on them anymore and i think it is for the same reason...the sun> will ba -bounce- ke it and make it brittle.

Have you ever heard of an "Xterra"?

Been using the hard plastic all over the place since 2000.

Don't let that Nissan badge burn your retinas...

The Avalanche got rid of the plastic because it looked like crap, like the whole damn thing was made out of a Transformer figure. Nissan wasn't smart enough to ditch the plastic this go round.

Have you ever heard of an "Xterra"?

Been using the hard plastic all over the place since 2000.

Don't let that Nissan badge burn your retinas...

The Avalanche got rid of the plastic because it looked like crap, like the whole damn thing was made out of a Transformer figure. Nissan wasn't smart enough to ditch the plastic this go round.

Plastic "bumpe"rs is one thing that X-terra's have and will probably never get rid of. have you seen a honda element? from the rockers up it has plastic,(some models) quarter panels are half plastic. And I do believe that Chevy took away the plastic on the avalanch for more than just one reason.

I think the avalanche is a new version of the El Camino....we have them at work and i bottomed out going off a curb very slowly, and tore the front valance thing off under the front bumper....junk. I just thought the Fj was different....the plastic does suck though..

It was an option on the Avalanche. I got one without the plastic, traded it in the next day for one with because it looked like sh*t without it, then totaled that one two days later. On some trucks, that plastic does not look bad, until it fades. Then I got the Denali, so I dont have to worry about that anymore.

Edited by OBXbeachpathy

It was an option on the Avalanche. I got one without the plastic, traded it in the next day for one with because it looked like sh*t without it, then totaled that one two days later. On some trucks, that plastic does not look bad, until it fades. Then I got the Denali, so I dont have to worry about that anymore.

Is that just an AC 2" lift and 32's on your pathy in your sig?

It looks great.

sorry for the threadjack. I like the FJ's *ducks*

What does that mean?

And kinda: AC's lift, Strut Spacers, and 31's.

1 or 2 strut spacers in the front? Sounds like the same exact route I'm going. Right down to the same style of rims, but on a black pathy. Looks good. Makes me itch to do mine more.

I put in 1" spacers on each side. Next month I'll have 7" of lift. :cool2: Cant wait, and thanks.

But "what does that mean?" was refering to sammb33's post. Explain buddy...

You're getting T Morgan's Lift. Let me know how you like it. I'm very interested in it. Is he going to be selling them next month for sure?

What does that mean?

hah, i hate denali's.....gas guzzlers, and personally i hate all suburbans, denali's, yukons and what not. What the hell is the point to have a huge vehicle like that be 4 inches off the ground and be 4WD? why not just get a van, you will get better gas mileage, and personally i think vans look better than those ugly things....

just my two cents. i dont really care if you own one, i just never will.

-sam

1) MPG is a @!*% load better in that than my r50.

2) It actually does really well on the beach

3) and it's nice to be 18 and have a $53,000 SUV, but whatever, some like em and some dont, it's cool :beer:

Drift: yeah, that's the lift I'm getting. He says they'll be ready to go before he goes off to school so it should'nt be long :aok: