A week into owning my pathy...

falconer

I've had my pathy for about a week now driving it everyday. '94, black, 5spd, now is about to roll to 143k. I LOVE MY PATHY. As i mentioned in my intro post, i am a ricer convert. I must say, being top of 31" tires is wayyyyy better than the dinky little 17's. I am actually suprised how good the gas mileage is on the pathy, i read 14mpg city... but i've been getting more towards 18 i think, havnt had it long enough to know for sure. Lets put it this way, i've gone 150miles on this tank of gas, and im halfway between 3/4 tank and 1/2 tank mark.

I still havnt taken it off-road yet, but i plan to soon, im sure in syracuse this fall she is going to see plenty of snow. 99pathfinder, i think it was you who posted the thing a long time ago about removing the bolts to move the backseats to allow sleeping room, that will be a godsend to me this summer, as i am taking a roadtrip most of august

I dont plan on modding anything for the moment [money issues] but i am going to oput in my Alpine headunit so i can rock out to some tunes on my Ipod.

Anyways, i just wanted to say i love my truck and here are some updated pics of my pathy after being washed/waxed. I feel like a 12yr old being so happy with a truck :rolleyes:

update002.jpg

update001.jpg

update004.jpg

update005.jpg

Resize the last two, please... -88

Yea, i can now carry ALL my crap, my bird(s), friends bird(s) and still have enough room to sleep in my truck. Can't beat that!

Sorry for the insanely stupid post, my family and friends just got tired of hearing out how much i love my pathy, so i figured i'd tell some people that might somewhat care LOL

Don't get too thrilled about gas mileage. Don't you know how it takes 100 miles to get down to 3/4 full but then 20 miles to get from 1/4 to empty? It's like that in any car it seems. I wrecked mine a couple months ago and am getting all nostalgic. You'll have fun with it.

Hey falconer, nice truck !! If you don't wheel much you probably don't need to do any modifications. A stock WD21 will pull you through a suprising amount of crap as long as it has decent tires. She'll probably take you as far as your birds want to go (in a box that is ;) ). What kind of birds do you have anyway ? I know just enough about it to be completely ignorant, but I'm curious anyway.

Congrats on dropping the rice... :D I've been driving a truck for 12+ years and every time I have to drive my GF's stock honda civic, I hate it !! Nothing wrong with the car, but I can't SEE ANYTHING !!! :D

B

Nothing wrong with the car, but I can't SEE ANYTHING !!!  :D

B

Exactly why I DON'T have a car anymore.... even though I really do miss my old Taurus

Being able to see is a major deal... 'specially when pulling up to a drive through espresso stand! sly

Don't get too thrilled about gas mileage. Don't you know how it takes 100 miles to get down to 3/4 full but then 20 miles to get from 1/4 to empty? It's like that in any car it seems. I wrecked mine a couple months ago and am getting all nostalgic. You'll have fun with it.

yes, but wheelman.. we KNOW how you drove your pathy..... which means you're gas gauge was a special case.... :P

congrats on the pathy, and hope you have ltos of fun with her!

:beer:

I've never mentioned it, but I too am a ricer convert. Now my brother has the ricemobile.. and the other day I had to move the old ricer... MAN it felt weird... first, I felt like I was sitting on the ground, then when I went into the driveway, the front slammed into it, then the bottom hit too when I went higher, and I could barely see anything out of it... and the shifter felt really wierd.

My friend with a Jeep Cherokee finally convinced me that I need an SUV, so I started looking at them, and then I saw my beast and knew I had to have it.

At this point, I can *never* go back to a normal car.. when I was in one the other day, it felt so weird, weak, close to the ground, and just too different.. I NEED a truck/SUV now.

Sorry for the insanely stupid post, my family and friends just got tired of hearing out how much i love my pathy, so i figured i'd tell some people that might somewhat care LOL

You found the right place, that is all they ( npora peoples) want to take about

-bounce- lol

Ill make a thread about my birds and falconry stuff in the offtopic section in a min w/ lots of pics

Pathfinder related- got an alpine headunit put in the pathy today so i can listen to my ipod, same unit that was in my ricer. I finally sold my ricer, the guy should pick it up on friday cash in hand sly

Also, im not planning on changing anything on the pathy, i'd like to see her break 200k miles, maybe a tad larger tires but thats it.

Edited by falconer

yes, but wheelman.. we KNOW how you drove your pathy..... which means you're gas gauge was a special case....

that and that nice lil leak his tank had...hopefully here in about 3-4 weeks i'll be able to tell yall what kinda gas milage i'm getting out of his ole motor...

my 95 gets 19-20 with mostly highway milage and i've got a hellatious exhaust leak to the point if i lay off the gas and let it coast it kinda whistles along with a dirty cheap air filter so i think if i fix the exhaust and a new air filter i'll be getting about 22 on the highway...thats what i avged in my 87 on the highway and it got 16-18 in the city with a small exhaust leak