Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Well in searching for 2 door pathfinder pictures I ran across this site, seems a boat load of information and helpful. I admit I will be the extreme odd man out and off roading is not my hobby but I am a car freak and enjoy seeing anything in the auto world that invites creativity and skill. As part of other forums, I know pics are a must, lol.

Happy trails

Welcome! Thank you for taking time to regsiter with our group. There are several members here that don't really off road .. in fact, some members here don't even have 4-wheel drive!

• 3 weeks later...

Newbie to the forum. 53 year old Grandpa that spent 18 years as a professional auto tech. Graduated from Wyo Tech back in '77 before it was famous. I have spent the last 12 years building homes here in Montana. Found my Pathfinder as a sick girl that didn't want to run and picked her up for $250. 255,000 miles on the odo with a lot of little problems that I have been working on slowly but surely. It took a can of carb cleaner, new spark plugs and a new cap and rotor to make the old girl come back to life. I have also replaced the muffler and tailpipe, timing belt, front seals, water pump and drive belts. It has become my daily driver since it is low mileage compared to my '95 Chevy with 380,000 on the clock. Glad to be here on the forum. Will post pics when I get some good ones. Paul

Hello, new member here. Bought my Pathfinder new in 1995, still looks and runs pretty good. Came across your site while researching how to replace my water pump. Will look thru my photo albums thru the years to see if I can find some pics to upload. Now I'm gonna navigate my way thru the forum for help on my water pump issue. Thanks for creating this site! Jason

• 4 weeks later...

Into: My name is Alex, I just purchased a 2007 SE. New to the 4x4 world, I have always own cars. Excited to start off-roading as well as modifying. Can't wait to learn as much as I can off this forum.

Into: My name is Alex, I just purchased a 2007 SE. New to the 4x4 world, I have always own cars. Excited to start off-roading as well as modifying. Can't wait to learn as much as I can off this forum.

Welcome to our world!

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE with 70K miles on it. It looks and runs great, and I am very happy with it. However, looking for reviews I found many concerns regarding reliability, and some common problems like radiotor fluids leaking into the transmission, and stuff like that. I am starting to get worried I made a bad decision. Always been a fan of japanese cars for their quality and reliabilty, so any opinions of the other members will help. Cheers.

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE with 70K miles on it. It looks and runs great, and I am very happy with it. However, looking for reviews I found many concerns regarding reliability, and some common problems like radiotor fluids leaking into the transmission, and stuff like that. I am starting to get worried I made a bad decision. Always been a fan of japanese cars for their quality and reliabilty, so any opinions of the other members will help. Cheers.

Yes, there are 'common' problems but the term 'common' refers to the typical problem you will have WHEN you have a problem. It does not really refer to the frequency of the problem across the population of pathys. If you take care of her, she'll treat you right. Use the information you find here at NPORA (and there is a ton of it) to prioritize your preventive maintenance when you are looking for something to do and have some extra cash to do it. Example... most WD21's (pre-96) have a poorer design for transmission cooling and that is a point where it can become a problem is you are wheeling, t owing, or live in hot climates. Given the chance, I would install a seperate cooler to prevent haveing an issue but that's not to say that you WILL have an issue. There are thousands of WD21's out there that never experience that failure.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello follow pathfinder owners, i just picked up a 2002 se 4x4. Less then 98K on it. This is my first Nissan let alone pathfinder and 4x4. I got it to tow a smaller trailer, for towing miatas for my side business. I looking forward to searching and finding more info for mods and different styles for my new rig. New to pathfinders but not to forums.

IMG_0938.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ...I'm new to the forum. I finally got a pathfinder, I have been wanting one of these for years now ,,even if its already 17 years old (1995) I like this body style the best.....but in great shape with only 103,000 miles on it and its even green which is my favorite color for this truck. It does need some minor work here and there but its all things I can do myself,,,But I might need some help from other forum members because you would know more about these trucks then I do. I will be enjoying reading all the stories and post from other members. Thank You,,,,,Tony

• 2 weeks later...
:omg: Finally found a club just for Pathfinder owners. LOL How is everyone doing? My name is Nelson and I own a 1995 WD21 all stock. Its my second Pathy and this time I mean business with her. I want at least a 3" lift kit Im thinking Fox Shocks 35" Mikey Thomson M/T's, do an engine swap Definetely a 3.0 Twin Turbo. I also would like to Prime up my ride, to make it look more rugged. Thats all I have for now. I dont want lockers or solid front axle, I like the Independant suspention and my automatic Hubs lol :bounce:

Hi everyone ! Im from Portugal and own a Terrano/Pathfinder WD21, year 1994, engine is a TD27T Turbo Diesel .Bought it in 1999 and done some mods in it ... Double shock per wheel, tyres are 235/85R16, intercooler instaled, reinforced steearing with Calmini set, and some other mods ...

My dream, if I can get enouch money is to instal a RB26DETT or VG30DETT engine with a LPG kit too ( to save on gaz !) .

Resuming I want a civil "Pathy" with big power engine and a competition like set up on suspention brakes etc ... I have this "project" in my mind but funding is quiete short right now ! ... not even looking to buy a new car ... My Terrano/Pathfinder is my dream car, so to speak, and not planning to sell it !

now you're thinking Im crazy but dreams are the fuel of humanity !

like a portuguese poet said ... God creates , man dreams , and something new is born !

Hello everybody. Im pretty new to this kind of thing but here goes lol. Iv got a 1993 Pathsinder that ive had for about 5 years. Ive taken it off road countless times in its stock format and it did pretty darn good. But Im in the mood to go wild with it. One of the big problems is finding correct liftkits for it (every lift kit ive found online was with add a leafs in the rear) One bit problem with them is that um the pathfinder is 4 link in the rear and not leaf spring so kinda hard to use an addaleaf lol. Also I am seriously trying to decide if I want to stuff the 4.3L vortec V6 I have laying around into this thing. Ill post in the other forums bout these things but figured id throw out one of the reasons for me joining. Well hope everybody has a great day and I look forward to talkin to you guys and bopuncing ideas around

Hewwos, all. I am new to the forum and I hope I can become a good member. I bought a 1993 XE-V6 4x4 about a year ago and am about to begin some work on the tranny. This was my first ever 4x4 and I may just have the over excitement of my "first ride", but I have to admit I was stoked by it. I put it in 4 Lo and reverse to get it to its resting place and when I tapped the gas, my head hit the windshield! I was so shocked at the power of that little 3.0 V6 and I could actually feel the front of the vehicle push backward. I am hooked on 4x4s. The Pathy is in very good running condition and rough, but not too rough physical condition. He has a burned out 3-4 gears in the tranny right now, but I am about to start working on that in the next couple of months. When I got it home I took off the busted grill and bumper. The previous owner thought the 4x4 emblem was to be translated as "Bigfoot" and decided to ram it through the toughest mudding track he could find. He destroyed 3-4 gearing and mangled the front end. So I need to rebuild it and fix the bumper brackets and a few other body rashes. I want to make him a respectible 4x4 but also streetable. I can't wait to post and be part of the group.

Hello EryOne,

Thanks for having me, I'm Kevin. I got a free truck from my sister in ... 09. I ended up doing the 200k maintinance that spring and it has been my DD ever since. Lately I've had the urge to mod her and take to something else for a DD. Here she sits as of today, with her new exhaust.

PathfinderDuals5-14-12.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi all ,im new to the 4wding world and started this journey buying an 88 pathy,z24 carb,5 speed with a diff ratio ive seen much confusion over,hg48, 4.875 am i right? currently have a slight power issue otherwise its been a pleasure to drive.be great to chat tech with some fellow 88 pathy owners and get this buss purring perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone , Im new to the Pathfinder Truck, but not new to offroading. Over the last 20 years or so I've owned 2 grand cherokees( 94 and 2001), 3 forerunners( 2- four door and 1- 2 door ) 1 ford explorer and 1-1991 toyota Landcrusier fj80. I Have always loved the Pathfinder and had many friends with them. So yes it took this long to get on board. I own a 2008 LE . So far I am impressed. I'm originally from the central coast of California, but I now reside In Maryland. I look forward to interacting with members here . Other interests that I enjoy are Kayak fishing , Mountain biking, Hiking, Fishing, and outdoor Photography . Right now I hope to add a 2in. lift and A nice roof rack with lights that has the ability to also carry my Kayak.

• 1 month later...

Sup everybody, have had my pathfinder for 2 months now, already put ~5k miles on it haha. Just graduated from high school, on my way to college for mechanical engineering. My pathy is my 3rd truck so far, had a jeep and a land rover discovery. I love hiking, mountain biking, fishing, camping, 4wheeling, and especially muddin'! Got my 92 pathy on 31' procomp mud terrains. just put a "new" brush guard off of craigslist for $28 and it was used on an old 4runner but i modded the mounts and got it on just fine. plan on getting a 3" BL, just picked up some stock roof rails from the junk yard and plan on putting it on, and im wanting a custom tire carrier/rear bumper. Im glad i found a pathfinder forum! hoping to get some help here and there and also putting in some input with my little bit of knowledge about cars :happy: Happy Trailing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I've had a 97 pathfinder vg30e 4x4 for about 6 years now and I've gone over the 200k mark with it. its a great DD and all around car. Theres no problem it couldnt be made to handle. The only thing though is that i cant really afford the gas and continued maintenance on the current engine so i want to swap it out for a zx300 turbo engine. more power and better gas mileage woohoo. We'll see if im able to find a way to do this with you guys helping me out otherwise I'll be forced to sell it. which no one wants to happen. Otherwise great site you got going,I hope to learn alot from everyone,

Cheers

WOW what an ordeal. Tried to register over the weekend, didn't workout, but persistance pays off. Here I am with posting abilities.

I'm new to the forum and Nissan all together. Recently picked up a 95 pathy xe VG30, 4x4, completely virgin and stock. I'm pretty sure it still has the original shocks, it's a bit wandery and soft. New shock on order.

I'm from Oregon and i'm looking forward to playin around with the pathfinder and gettin it lifted and looking good.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm new to pathfinders so I definitely need help. I'm happy to have found a place where I can ask all the questions and find out what I need to know to make my stock 95 pathy an off-road machine. Thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the Nissan ownership world and joined up here to hopefully gain some usefull knowledge about my new rig / learn about some good products I might want to invest in to outfit my new vehicle. I just purchased a used 2010 2WD LE with 12,500 miles. I know its a 2WD but its the wifes car, (don't worry I can do with it as I please) and I want to make it into a rig that I can feel manly driving in when she's not using it. I've built up some pretty capable 4WD rigs in the past, (toyota pickups) so I'm not new to the customization world. Currently my short term goals are a good quality roof rack and a front bumper designed to house some auxillary lights. Of course function is important to me, but looks is just as important considering its mainly the wifes car.

Any input / advise from the verterans in the pathfincer world is much appreciated, thanks in advance to any usefull advice!!

- Alex B. -

Hi everyone, im new to the pathfinder forum and im glad to find people that like pathfinders like my self. i recenty just bought a 2000 pathfinder se with 270xxx km on it and i love it. im wanting to do work to it but not sure what to start on, any ideas? im thinking of doing 2 inch wheel spacers the give it a meaner look. let me know what i should do to it and any part reviews or something like that.

will have pictures soon

Thanks

Andrew