Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Welcome to our family! It's always great to welcome a new R50 (96-04) owner. Search around our model specific forum to gain any new ideas. I know that Arky is full of wheeling spots as my company has several customers in that area that are hard core off roaders. I'll try to remember to ask one of them about the Huntsville area and post it here for you to discover.

Sweet! thanks! your profile pic is that your pathy? I'm gunna take some pics of mine tomorrow so hopefully i can get them posted fairly fast. I would love to go off roadinr enuff to be a ahrd core off roader but I don't know where to go let alone have people to go with. my older brother has a 4x4 but he aint into off roading

• Like 1

Hi there I'm a newbie to your site , but not to wheeling. I currently own 3 pathy's 1] an 89 2dr standard which has been converted to a "Truggy" the rear frame rotted off and we welded up a frame out of HD angle iron, so it just has 2 seats & a lopped off back end. Off-road only bin like this for 3 yrs, used daily as entertainment & to haul logs out of the bush at my daughters farm, just E of Peterborough 2] a 92 4 dr auto, again frame rotted off, awaiting transformation into a flatbed, off-road only suitable for hauling logs & other stuff at the farm. #3] a 95 4 dr auto, out of the States, solid frame, great body, my daily driver ,totally loaded down with tools as I am in the construction biz & never know which tool I will need next. Pics of all to follow. I am currently looking for a "Hardbody" pu to join the set, &/or anything else that I can get my hands on for CHEAP. I intend to have the ULTIMATE USED PARTS SOURCE for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Gen Pathy's We are on a 100+ acre farm so there is lots of space for "project" trucks Love the site Run it til it breaks!

hey everyone i am new the the pathfinder universe......

i look forward to the transformation my pathfinder will undergo but i have lots of questions

looking forward to some good discussions

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There, I'm new to npora but are heavily involved with off-road forums here in New Zealand. I am the president of a local club (Norwest OHV Club Inc).

I have a 91 3 door Terrano TD27 turbo with more than a few modifications. It goes hard and have just recently retired my first one and just about finished building a carbon copy for my second truck. i have pushed most of our laws here as far as modification goes and a bit more. Glad to be here and are still learning the ins and outs of this forum. Will try and post some pics at some stage.

PS, our trucks are right hand drive here and there is no shortage of steering boxes :aok:

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

It' great to finally find a forum for Terrano and Pathy owners. I have been building my 1990 Terrano now for two years and now have run out of things to do while remaining legal. I could waffle but I won't because we all know how hard it is to find parts for our classics. Hope to here from anyone who has gone through the processes as I have soon.

Cheers

Deasertrat55

#31 Desertrat55

NPORA Newbie

Group:Members

Model:Terrano R3m

Year:1990

Warn Status

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

Hi everyone,

It' great to finally find a forum for Terrano and Pathy owners. I have been building my 1990 Terrano now for two years and now have run out of things to do while remaining legal. I could waffle but I won't because we all know how hard it is to find parts for our classics. Hope to here from anyone who has gone through the processes as I have soon.

Cheers

Deasertrat55

I wanted to share something on Photobucket with you!

See the fullsize version at: http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb408/Desertrat55/?action=view&current=47af9454.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Sent from my iPad

Edited by Desertrat55

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my name is Greg and I'm the proud new owner of a 94 SE 4x4. It's my first Pathy and my first 4x4 ever. I got it off Craig's list today, just brought it home and I'm very happy with it. Do these trucks tend to have noisy lifters? Mine seem to clatter alot. I haven't had my truck for 6 hours yet and I've already got a laundry list of ideas I want to do to it. Well, you know since it's got a bit of a leaking exhaust manifold I should probably go ahead and replace it with a set of headers, free flow cat, half an inch (3/4?) larger dia. exhaust...

And I need to replace the nerf bars that used to be there but now there are only mounting brackets....and I think the front could use a battering ram, err..I mean brush gaurd....iridium spark plugs, msd wires and box, CAI...jeeez this is gonna lead to a divorce huh...:(

Glad to be here!

All,

I've been prone to Land Rovers ('01 Disco-2 right now, but I'm not allowed to scratch it), but I'm between series Rovers, and a '91 Pathfinder came up for sale near me and I couldn't resist. It's a base model v6 5-speed, and has very little rust (a Victoria vehicle from new). This pathy is going to be the runabout and trailblazer for now, and my Son doesn't get sick in the back seat (most cars make him car sick).

I've never owned a Nissan before, but a friend in Guelph had an '89 4x4 pickup that he loved. I'm looking to it driving as much of Vancouver Island as possible. I'm glad I came across this site, because there's not a dedicated Nissan truck club in BC I can find.

Thanks, and I'll be asking a lot of questions as I make this little truck more of an off-roader. My Son named the pathy "Bert", because it looks grumpy and the bug deflector looks like a uni-brow.

Thanks,

David

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54787857@N07/6218664315/

Edited by davran

Hi There, I'm new to npora but are heavily involved with off-road forums here in New Zealand. I am the president of a local club (Norwest OHV Club Inc).

I have a 91 3 door Terrano TD27 turbo with more than a few modifications. It goes hard and have just recently retired my first one and just about finished building a carbon copy for my second truck. i have pushed most of our laws here as far as modification goes and a bit more. Glad to be here and are still learning the ins and outs of this forum. Will try and post some pics at some stage.

PS, our trucks are right hand drive here and there is no shortage of steering boxes :aok:

Cheers,

Welcome aboard mate, I'm new to NPORA and from what I've read so far the members are switched on about their rides. Have already had a few basket questions answered that the so called PROS refused to acknowledge. What are the customs like for sending parts over from NZ to OZ? You may have parts that are hard to find here that I need to complete my rig!

Check out my post as I have mentioned a couple of things I am looking for.

Cheers

Desertrat55

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

My name is Matt and I'm a senior in high school. I wanted my first vehicle, and I instantly fell in love with Nissan Pathfinders/Hardbodies! I have a 1994 SEV6 with the automatic (currently having some serious problems with that) and I love it! The V6 has plenty of power and it's very low maintenance!

I currently don't have the money for beefy, insane suspension, so I don't do a lot of off-roading. That and I have automatic locking hubs and I've heard those are terrible.

Glad to be part of this forum! I've been searching for some Nissan truck forums for a while. Infamous Nissan is pathetic. A whole bunch of lowriders in there.

Also, I was wondering if you accept Nissan Hardbodies? My friend has the D21 4x4 and he goes off roading a bit with it.

Hello Nissan forum. Just joined here because I bought a 1990 Pathfinder for super cheap. Glad to see there are enthusiasts for every type of rig out there.

Well the rig has the vg30e with a 5 speed. I just got done reading the "read this first" and am now chuckling about the head bolts becoming weak, then resulting in possible snappage. This happened to my rig and the guy before me tried to drill out the said stud and guess what....Yep just as you mentioned he went too far and viola, hellllooooooooooo water jacket.

So now you know why I got this so cheap, because the guy I bought it from disclosed this to me honestly, (didnt know there were anymore people out there like that anymore) and he put some JB weld in it, (band aid fix for now). It runs and drives, but I wouldnt trust it for too far.

Anyways, to get to my point, I am wondering if any of you have past experience with taking your engines in for a rebuild or better to replace it with an ordered japanese engine???

I wouldnt imagine the old drilled through block is worth rebuilding due to this, maybe just find another engine or long block and swap it over including a complete overhaul of the remaining top end and parts. What do you think?

Any comments, suggestions, or input is greatly appreciated in advance.

I'll keep ya informed as to the progress.

Hi my name is David im from puerto rico and im new to the off road world so im here to see ideas and stuff about pathfinders mine is a 1995 v6 5 speed manual 4x4 pathfinder :) and im here to meet new people who likes nissan and pathfinders like i do :)and share ideas and stuff

I am Luke, from Toronto. I just want to say I really love this site. I ve been spending lots of time searching this site for tips and ideas everyday. I ve been collecting all the hardwere for the upgrade. Because of You I learned alot about my track. I am very proud to be a member.

Everything is complete. Here are few shots.

Before:

November92011013.jpg

After tire installation only:

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i361/nispath4wd/November92011016.jpg

After the full upgrade:

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i361/nispath4wd/november2011007.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i361/nispath4wd/november2011006.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i361/nispath4wd/november2011002.

Firestone Destination M/T, all terrain, 3.75,15x8 pro comp black, KYB shocks and struts, NX4 stut spacers, 2" lift coils

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to the forum but not Pathfinders. I'm the original owner of a 96 XE with 196,000 miles and just purchased a 2001 LE as a replacement. I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done to/with their Pathy's and sharing some of my experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

New user here, hoping for help with my '01 Pathfinder SE. It's flaring, it's bogging down and probably needs a new fuel filter, a mass air flow sensor and perhaps a transmission control module. I've been accumulating these problems in the car for about a year, but recently they've because worse. It's my daily driver and I have had a great experience with the Pathfinder. Thanks!

Patrick Moore, Southeast Louisiana

• 3 weeks later...

New member here. Looking for help on a moderate lift like the OME for my 2006 Pathy. Looking for something in HD, will be adding the ARB bumper plus I tow a off road pop-up.

Thanks,

Jon

Hello, glad to be here. Former boards I've been part of are TCCoA, RIP Miss Pearl, and SaturnFans (not many of us left and I'm on my way out) I love reading forums to read about others experiences and solutions to mechanical issues. Huge advantage having real people with real world solutions as opposed to a Haynes or Chiltons manual. Thanks for keeping this a family friendly site. Much appreciated. Oh and, Howdy from the Lone Star State where the stars really are big and bright in the dead of night, and the coyotes wail on the lonesome trail.

Well in searching for 2 door pathfinder pictures I ran across this site, seems a boat load of information and helpful. I admit I will be the extreme odd man out and off roading is not my hobby but I am a car freak and enjoy seeing anything in the auto world that invites creativity and skill. As part of other forums, I know pics are a must, lol.

Happy trails