Anyone have Sylvania Silverstar bulbs?

findmypath

I have the Siver Star ULTRA's in the wifes Altima and my 02 Path and they have both made it to 1 year old juuust fine. The old "Silver Star" boxed ones were bad the longest they ever lasted in the 98 was 8 months---for $40 that sucks....go with the Ultra's for bright yellow filtered light.

I had Nighthawks in my 98 when I was finished swapping Silver stars out and they did pretty well, I really wanted that yellow filtered out though.

...Trainman I think you should try your hand at retro fitting some HID's in there! Lol...I still want to get the Infinity FX projectors for my path and try it!

I have the silverstar ultras in my 97 right now...gotta say nothing helps these headlights much, they just have extremely poor output from the beginning...they did brighten up a little, but they still suck...best solution I came up with is aiming my KC Daylighters down some and using those with my low beams...

everyone shutup. Silverstars are awesome. I cant believe someone would think that they are not brighter then stock bulbs. I saw a HUGE difference.

wow, who said they were bad? we're just discussing the options. and I said my PIAA's have outlasted my silverstars.

Yup, I did not say anything about the SS's, just gave my experience with the NH's.

And the pros/cons of SS type bulbs have been debated for ions, I just happen to like the NH's and I was offering that as an option.

:excl: I may try the SS's in the fog lights of the Forester, wonder what that would do?

ive had several silverstars and they tent to burn out within 6 to 8 months. Thats just too frequent for me. But they do look good.

And it wasnt a fluke cause one will always go out within a week of the other (if installed at the same time)

My left headlight always goes out before the right one. I don't know why, it just does.

That said, I've been using Silverstars for a while now, and like them a lot. They definitely project farther down the road than standard halogens, and light up the edges of the road better. I can see road signs farther away, too. I like them, so I'm going to continue using them. While they may not be the epitome of the best of the best of all headlights, they're a great option dollar for dollar. I'm going to keep using them until I find a better value. :shrug: