Factory Fender Flares

brc19761

Back in August I bought a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder LE. It is really good condition. Only 73,000 miles on it when I bought it. No rust what so ever. It even had the original window sticker in the glove box. Someone paid $32,000 for it new. I paid $2,300 for it :). The guy I bought it from left a book that had a list of what all was serviced. The book listed timing belt, plugs, 2 new tires, etc. Well this is my question It did not come from the factory with the black fender flares and to me it looks kind of weird without them. I also have a 1997 Nissan Hardbody 4x4 with the factory fender flares. The Pathfinder has factory painted mud flaps that are way different than my Hardbody and most wd21 pathfinders I have seen. I was wondering (without having to take a flare of my hardbody) if anyone knew if the fender flares will fit around the Pathfinder's mud flaps. It doesn't look like it to me. But I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this sort of thing.

Thanks

If you off road at all, I'd get the pre 94-95 flares and mud flaps. The 94-95 style are just an accident waiting to happen with how they mount.

How do the pre 94 ones mount that is so different? Are you talking about the ones that are similar width to widebody, or just the almost-not-there lip style? I have a 95 with widebody flares (colour coded, as it's a JDM Terrano). They have a molding right down to the bottom of the front bumper - not great....

Thanks I figured the the mud flaps would be an issue. These sort of Pathfinders were made for people who didn't off road much. B/C it has every option you could put in a wd21 pathfinder. First I will look around at some local junk yards. I would probably be more likely to find flares and mud flaps off of a Hardbody 4x4. Where I live the used pathfinder parts are hard to find.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded to my post.

If you off road at all, I'd get the pre 94-95 flares and mud flaps. The 94-95 style are just an accident waiting to happen with how they mount.

How do the pre 94 ones mount that is so different?

The 94-95 style has the mud flap integrated into the flare.

The 94-95 style has the mud flap integrated into the flare.

Must be why this project 90 SE I have has this style on only two of them. PO beat this thing into the ground. Shame as it was taken very good care of until then.

Edited by fendent

My three cents:

1) 94-95 flares/flaps are different from 93 on back as mentioned already.

2) 94-95 flares/flaps are not as trail friendly as mentioned already, the flaps do not flex causing clips and screws to pop or worse damaging your fender.

3) Hardbody rear flares will not fit a pathfinder. They are shaped differently.

4) WD21 Pathfinder flares and flaps were sold as accessories, they are NLA from Nissan.

93 and earlier flares WILL NOT FIT a 94-95. At least the rears won't fit. I picked up a rear flare from a 93 (assuming they were all the same because why wouldn't they be) and the mount points are different.

Interesting....are all the mount points different or just 1-2?

My three cents:

2) 94-95 flares/flaps are not as trail friendly as mentioned already, the flaps do not flex causing clips and screws to pop or worse damaging your fender.

4) WD21 Pathfinder flares and flaps were sold as accessories, they are NLA from Nissan.

I agree, it is why I removed mine.

Good to know. My spare flares are no longer for sale and will be boxed and stored in the shed.

B

Fair enough about the '95 integrated mud flaps...however they do unbolt.

Take them off and replace it with a rally mud flap for your off road adventuring.