tranny oil

JUNN

This is covered in the how to section under fluids but I'm feeling nice today.

75w90 GL4

Do not use GL5 as some brands of GL5 contain materials that are corrosive to our tranny internals.

I tried Mobil 1, however it was GL-5 and after about 10,000 miles my transmission started to shift rough going into 4th gear and sometimes shifting from 4th to 3rd. I switched over to Red Line ML 90 (synthetic) mostly because of how cold it gets in the winter where I live. (-30)degrees, and it shifts great now. Notchiness went away and shifts great both hot and cold. My truck is an 89 with 189,000 miles on it.

Amsoil is what I run in all my vehicles.

The fluid I like to claim saved my tranny in my F150, as it was slipping very badly before I swapped in Amsoil.

I run it in the pathy as well, but regardless of what you choose to run, as others have stated make sure its ONLY GL4 compatible.

• 9 months later...

I haven't been able to find any GL4 tranny oil in my neck of the woods. I am going to use some Penzoil Synchrmesh MTF. It is speced for GM and Chrysler, but I use to use it in my Talon TSI with great results. Some Google action turned up that it is basically GL4 80W + additives. I'll post back here in 10,000 miles or so to let everyone know how it's doing.

The search is hit or miss. When a member bitchs about something being covered already, there just doing it too bitch.

And everyone knows the best tranny oil (I found this in my tranny guide) is there own tears.