How far?

SaKaNa

well shooooore....but youve never met me.

How many times a day do you squeal your tires? I'm probably more than 20...that's why I'm moving on to a car!

Although for an SUV the Pathfinder is a good-handler, at least the Monoframe R50.

I rolled it on the beach one time. I swear I was amost completley sideways before I actually "rolled over." I even had a 32" spare on my rack, but I was pitched down on the drivers side to the point where I could have probably stuck my arm out and touched sand, then I slowly landed on the side. I was pleasantly surprised at how much angle I had without going over :D, until I did :shrug: .

woa, i didnt know you rolled yours befor. do you have pics of the damage? you must have gotten it fixed already (and not to post jack but send me some pics of your new rims on)

19.JPG

This was only about 30 degrees. I've had it at 40+.

Realistically, you'll feel like you're going to fall out the window before you're going to be close to tipping. 40+ is pretty freaky. You're definitely in the "pucker zone" there.

Shortly after that pic was taken, the front drivers dropped into a hole, and the rear passenger came about 2' off the ground...then it was at like 38-40 and felt more stable than when the pic was taken...:shrug:

The rollover is insane at 47 degrees. I got a boat tilt gauge and mounted it in my sunglass flipdown thing. It works well and gives me an idea where my truck is at all times. Here it is Clinometer. Cheap insurance if u ask me

47 Degrees is pretty good. I'm assuming that's with perfect working springs.

Off-Topic:

Here's my wreck... Aug-2003

Damaged rear pass door

IM000760.JPG

Shattered cargo glass

IM000758.JPG

Shattered shield, and front pass glass

IM000757.JPG

Finally got the thing repainted May-2006

Does any one know if the 47 degree rating gets better or worse with an aftermarket suspension? Taller rig=higher center of gravity=greater risk of rollover, right?

That is in stock form, with tires at factory spec, spare tire in the under vehicle cubby, and a full tank of gas.

Any alteration from this alters the rollover angle. Softer suspension will allow the body to tip more over the suspension. Higher C.G. will create more of a moment.

Increasing the track by installing wheels and tires that stick out from the body will help to offset the higher center of gravity created by a suspension lift. If you lift the truck 2", but increase the track by 3", that may actually help INCREASE the rollover angle.

Good point Dean.

However, I've definitely inreased the CG of my truck by more than what I've increased the track. With the rack off, I can tilt it to 40 degrees plus and feel perfectly planted, but with the rack on and loaded, I feel very unstable at even 30 degrees.