Very bad news

Pathfinder-jay

Its a 1992, se, manual,212 xxx km

Make sure that EVERYTHING works and ask for maintanence records (timing belt, etc). Poke around good, you know what to look for... It may be worth the price. :shrug:

So would sell the other truck and parts or keep and build it ? Sell this speculative one when it is done, or be a proud owner of two pathys ? One for the road... ;)

B

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Info on that truck above

Engine : 3.0L

Warranty : Available

Financing : Available

LeaseLoan Detail : FINANCEMENT MAISON

Transmission : Standard

Cylinder : 6

Fuel : Gas

Drive : 4x4

Doors : 4

Interior Color : Beige

Exterior Color : Black

Options : Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Stereo, Anti-Lock Brakes, Cassette, Driver Air Bag, Leather Interior, Power Brakes, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Defroster, Tilt Wheel, Tow Package

hey guys no you are all right it doesnt come with one... i went to see the truck... well the pic looks nice but what a peice of @!*%.... problems i noticed

-Air conditiong... missing the compressor

-Windshield cracked

-Rust all over frame/rocker panels + some nice holes in frame

-Rear windshield whiper didnt work... prob gear grinded down

-Power steering leaking everywhere

-Brakes are @!*%

-Needs a very bad wheel alignment

-Clutch is dead

-Transmission sounds funny...

I dont know who he is trying to fool but after my project and being on these forums I know alot about this truck haha

Now im still not sure if my truck wil get finished or not bur some alternatives are to find another one to buy and repair it with the peices i have.. less repairing... etc

I got 2 weeks coming up so im planning a road trip to the US somewhere north east... like NY, Vermont etc... to find a pathy so if any american members can point me to some nice pathys in that general area id be very happy!

Thanks

Jay

theres a 91 pathy here in Windsor with very clean frame, and minimal body rust. and 100 000 kilometers on replaced engine from a 95 pathy, and a NEW dealer tranny. new tires and rims on it also. 1500 CND. Clean interior, never been offroad.

Some good news, friday I spoke with the landlord and the guys doing my truck and Tuesday we are all meeting to get a settlment working. If not im taking landlord to court... though the guys owed him money he has pulled a couple illegal moves...

1) Turned off their power which goes agaisnt== Revokes their right to work to live

2)Turned power off with out giving a 30 day eviction letter

3)By doing all this he is causing a customer to suffer... not allowing the completion of a project... that would be legal but since he did it in a jackass way and not with a 30 day eviction letter...

ANyhow i hope it all works out tuesday.... i just want my truck back

Jay, I know you're geting a new Path now, but keep this in mind for later inspiration.

When I was 16 I blew the engine on my first car. It was a 92 Lebaron Convertable that I had been working on since I was 15. Rims, system, it was done up, and I did it so I loved it. Well only problem was that I had absolutely no experience wih the engine. I'd dumped all my money into purtying her up, and had nothing left when she needed repair. All I knew was that I had bad rod knock that was getting worse. I bought a service manual and a set of tools. I spent the next week in brutal cold and snow pulling the engine appart and diagnosing it. I ended up discovering a spun bearing. Fixed the car and continued to drive it for quite some time.

Going in I had no clue what I was doing. But taking on that challenge was the smartest thing I've ever done. Since then I've built show cars, race cars, and I'm never afraid to do my own work. It will save you a ton of money in the long run, and it's fun. You just need to get that first car going and it just kinda flows from there.

Some good news, friday I spoke with the landlord and the guys doing my truck and Tuesday we are all meeting to get a settlment working. If not im taking landlord to court... though the guys owed him money he has pulled a couple illegal moves...

1) Turned off their power which goes agaisnt== Revokes their right to work to live

2)Turned power off with out giving a 30 day eviction letter

3)By doing all this he is causing a customer to suffer... not allowing the completion of a project... that would be legal but since he did it in a jackass way and not with a 30 day eviction letter...

ANyhow i hope it all works out tuesday.... i just want my truck back

Jay, some quick tips going into this meeting.

Do not go in there with a number in your head. You don't want to be the first to throw out a number. In negotiations generally the first person to lay down a number loses. Let them put down a number and then work with them to get it towards your satisfaction.

Don't sign anything without reading it in detail and possibly consulting someone else or even an attorney if you have one.

Don't accuse, but state facts that show their guilt. Accusations will go nowhere, but straight facts will.

If I think of anything else I'll let ya know, but feel free to ask if you have any questions.