anyone put in a tuffy lockbox?

Looking to see if anyone has put one in where their center console is... pictures maybe?

Which model were you looking at that you think would work? I've been considering that too, as I had Tuffy consoles in both of my TJs previously, and I'm absolutely sold on those things...one of the best investments I had made for those Jeeps. The center consoles in these trucks are just a tick above worthless...so it would be good to get something solid there.

What for? Locking up your candybars and sunglasses? ;)

well when I have no doors on my truck and I leave it places it would be nice to have somewhere to lock up my sunglasses and head unit face since my ECU is in my glovebox... I have never had anyone steal anything but it would be nice to have some space anyways....

Do you have pic of this Tuffy lock box you speak of? :unsure:

You can do a search on Google for Tuffy Security Consoles...a plethora of info :D

.....I just wanted yet another chance to use the word "plethora" ;)

You can do a search on Google for Tuffy Security Consoles...a plethora of info :D

.....I just wanted yet another chance to use the word "plethora" ;)

That's my Biology 12's word of the year.. says it every day...

"What a plethora of bacteria! Nice sample!"

I want a lockable console...

CrazzyMax, that's pretty nice...

The Tuffy box is actually a name brand for a metal, lockable console or storage box, typically used in jeeps...

CrazzyMax...that's awesome...do you have any specs/measurements on that set up you did? I'd love to do something like that in the back of my Pathy...if you don't mind sharing, I would really appreciate it, as I'm sure others would as well.

I don't have de measurements, i just added wood and chopped as things were moving up so that everything got thight and didnt slide or make noises.

What i can do is put all the pictures that I have of the process

imag00028qf.jpg

imag00032ye.jpg

imag00049cu.jpg

imag00052xc.jpg

imag00075ne.jpg

imag00096il.jpg

imag00118aj.jpg

imag00131xx.jpg

imag00140rf.jpg

imag00156di.jpg

imag00175lo.jpg

imag00180vo.jpg

imag00227rb.jpg

imag00278yf.jpg

very nice work. that looks really really nice back there...wish i did not suck at anything to do with wood working...give me some metal, it may not look good but it will be functional....eh wood.....