Please be gentle to this simple-minded newb....

Guest lawyercalhoun

The problem with trying to guess what kind of life span you might get with a 05 Pathfinder is there aren't to many 05 Pathfinders out there that have 200,000 on it to judge by.

This is a good poll that might help........http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?&act=ST&f=6&t=1987&mode=show&st= So by looking at this poll it's safe to say a 90-95 has a good chance of reaching 200,000 miles.

GrimGreg - I think that was the funniest post I have read on this forum to date. :P I have not done much off-roading since my college days (95 Trooper), but I can agree that your explanation is quite accurate.

Lawyercalhoun - I would go with the new Pathy for sure. The pricing is better than than 4Runner, and I personally also prefer the look inside and out! I will most likely buy the 2005 body style when my kids are older and I can make use of the 3rd row seats. I have an 01 (first year for the VQ) and love it. But this is an enthusiest board, so everyone here is a Pathy fan.

arent we all a little biased on his decision to buy a passport or pathfinder?? :rolleyes:

seriously tho....some of the early passsports (the bodystyle that looks WD21ish) trucked along with a dana 60 rear axle....but those ones were made by isuzu -thnkboutit-

seriously tho....some of the early passsports (the bodystyle that looks WD21ish) trucked along with a dana 60 rear axle....but those ones were made by isuzu -thnkboutit-

they came with D44's, H233b axles are stronger, also honda made the passport and isuzi made the rodeo, same difference, they both had leaf'd rears while our trucks have 4/5 link'd rears

Actually, Justin, Honda purchased the rights to sell the Rodeo under the Honda name as the Passport, and Isuzu built them 100% except for the labeling.

They had a 3.2L V6, Dana44 rear axle. The earlier ones (the ones that look more similar to a WD21) had leaf sprung rear ends, and the newer ones have a 4-link coil setup.

ALL Pathfinders have a 5-link setup - unless it has been altered.

same difference
Actually, Justin, Honda purchased the rights to sell the Rodeo under the Honda name as the Passport, and Isuzu built them 100% except for the labeling.

:shrug:

The earlier ones (the ones that look more similar to a WD21) had leaf sprung rear ends, and the newer ones have a 4-link coil setup.

they both had leaf'd rears while our trucks have 4/5 link'd rears

ookkk....

(dont mind me just being a dikdik)

Edited by FLApathy

Isuzu did the entire Passport, and that's why the Passport was never reliable like the Honda badge implied it would be. The Passport was Honda's biggest mistake to date. That and the Acura SLX which is based on the Isuzi Trooper.

And off-roading isn't always like sex; it really depends because there are people out there who simply don't get as excited about bumping up and down on rocks like you guys. Me, for example; I've been here and there and take it easy every time. And there are decent trails within 5 miles of me. If there was decent sex within 5 miles of me I know I'd be hitting that and not the trail.

And off-roading isn't always like sex; it really depends because there are people out there who simply don't get as excited about bumping up and down on rocks like you guys. Me, for example; I've been here and there and take it easy every time. And there are decent trails within 5 miles of me. If there was decent sex within 5 miles of me I know I'd be hitting that and not the trail.

Ryan ment that for ppl who know what wheelin is...

its only good when ur know what ur doing

:lol:

and I thought it was a D60.....my bad

What's best is having sex while wheeling

P... hit the nail right on the head there :D

arent we all a little biased on his decision to buy a passport or pathfinder?? :rolleyes:

I do believe the guy said he was considering a Pilot, not a Passport. Big difference.

LOL Sounds like the guy when you were kids who always claimed to get the action, but probably never made it to first base. :blink::laugh:

Bye the way, I'm a previous owner of a 255k mile '85 720, currently have a 152K WD21, grandma just sold her roughly 200K Maxima, father-in-law has an '03 Pathy with roughly 60K, etc. Honda is usually great at cars (the Ms. had an 83 Accord when we met with 250K miles) and we currently have a 97 Acura CL 2.2 with 102K miles that is awesome. But I had a 91 Prelude SI that was an absolute bomb, to the tune of being on its 3rd engine with tons of massive work by 140K miles, and bills so thick they required their own file. So far, I'm counting that one as a fluke, but its definately in the back of my mind as extremely expensive tarnish on the Honda mystique.

Guest lawyercalhoun

Ok, yes I am looking at the Pilot and a Pathfinder (not a Passport--not interested in a rebadged Isuzu). As far as the why I would ask a bunch of Pathfinder superfans which I should buy:

1. Who takes care of their vehicle better than someone who loves it to death

-----see the comments by those equating wheeling in a Pathfinder to sex----

2. If you guys don't know what breaks, what lasts, what works, and what doesn't on a Pathfinder then no one else will

----I know this because when we were shopping for my wife's Accord we both knew more than the salesmen----

3. I figure also as part of my research into what car would be the best option for me I would also be posing the same question to a few Honda-philes (especially those who have purchased a Pilot) if I can find a similar message board.

anyway you guys' responses have been excellent and very helpful to me.

Ok, yes I am looking at the Pilot and a Pathfinder (not a Passport--not interested in a rebadged Isuzu). As far as the why I would ask a bunch of Pathfinder superfans which I should buy:

1. Who takes care of their vehicle better than someone who loves it to death

-----see the comments by those equating wheeling in a Pathfinder to sex----

2. If you guys don't know what breaks, what lasts, what works, and what doesn't on a Pathfinder then no one else will

----I know this because when we were shopping for my wife's Accord we both knew more than the salesmen----

3. I figure also as part of my research into what car would be the best option for me I would also be posing the same question to a few Honda-philes (especially those who have purchased a Pilot) if I can find a similar message board.

anyway you guys' responses have been excellent and very helpful to me.

If you choose the pathy, you'll find plenty of good info here on the forums. If you choose the otehr... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

:D :D

just kidding.