Terrano vs Pathfinder

rmd0311

Just talking to a cousin of mine in the Dominican Republic and he tells me he bought a Nissan Terrano. He says its the same Pathfinder but a 4Cyl Diesel.

Is the Terrano really like the Pathfinder? I have read in my searches here and people refer to it like it is...

Check on google and the images don't really seem that similar to tha Pathy. You guys wanna shed some light on similarities and differences.

Edited by rmd0311

In my country Terrano is the same as Pathfinder.

I have a Nissan Terrano (thats what the sticker in the back door says), 4 cylinder Z24 engine.

The first Terranos (Pathfinder) that came to Panama in 1987 where 2 doors and you had the option of 6 cylinder special order and they had 4 cylinder Z24 engines, diesel engine and the next year they offered the turbo diesel engine, i dont remember how many years later they begun selling the 4 doors.

Heres a pic of the 1987, 2 doors I had!

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9555/8800150pm.jpg

Here's a pic of mine!

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3525/domi...aaptt2000am.jpg

If you put Terrano in google the images you are gonna get is the images of the european terrano, the ugly one.

Pics:

nissanterranofront8wk.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6522/niss...ranorear5dk.jpg

Edited by mzxtreme

eww that red hunk of junk is sooo ugly - u have a nice pathy though dude.

and i would love to have a right sided drive 2.7L deisel....it would be awesome....

id also like to have a right sided drive skyline...but its all hopes and dreams for me

Yes the Terrano and the Pathfinder are the same rig. the red one above is the Terrano II (different vehicle all together).

Its not unlike what other companies do.. they have a North American name then a name that holds true throughout most of the rest of the world. Like my 83 Toyota Truck is a HiLux to the rest of the world (the current Tacoma is also a HiLux). The HiLux name was dropped in the mid 70s here in the US. The SUV version of the same model line here is the 4Runner, elsewhere it is the HiLux Surf. Automakers just feel that a different name is often needed in the US and Canada for a model to be successful.

Unless I am mistaken GM sells their products under a completely different brand name.. it is Holden in Australia unless I am missing something :shrug:

Automakers just feel that a different name is often needed in the US and Canada for a model to be successful.

Or the otherway around sometimes, GM didn't sell many NOVAs in Mexico when they first started making them...(no va = no go :laugh: ).

That truck just took a hell of a beating.

And thanks for the info... I have seen pictures of Terranos that look exactly like the Pathy. Just with the Diesel engine, great on gas I bet...

id also like to have a right sided drive skyline...but its all hopes and dreams for me

A kid drove by my highschool the other day, in a RHD Skyline.

I want one as well...

Same with a diesel Pathy... B)

OH!! Speaking of Diesels... not to jack the thread, but there's an '85 4-door Nissan Pickup for sale here in Kamloops... 5 speed, diesel, 4x4... for $5200 Canadian... :o

Anyway, back on topic of the Terrano vs. Pathfinder

Here is my 1992 Terrano it is pretty much a Pathfinder 92 diesel, imported to Australia from Japan with only 35,000km on the clock. Has all the features of your luxury models.

Economy is good if my right foot is behaving well (or the wife drives) it uses about 10L per 100km I think thats about 30mile/gal.

dsc01669pw.jpg

Geordie

Edited by geordie4x4