Loose Change.

TeenZombie

well.. ya learn somthing new every day. I was under the impression that it was not much of an insulator other than to prevent direct flame contact without burning away.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this still going on ?? :wacko:

I once saw a hanglider pilot trip while trying to take off, it was a pretty funny crash. Then there was the time my kite lost it's tail... :D

B

My son picked up a ThunderJet at the dollar store. While it did actually hit the side of my house, it did not burst into flames etc. I simply fixed the broken styrafoam with some adhesive tape and she was good to fly again.

Something else to think about when looking for pieces, this is a photo of the plane that hit in PA, it hit earth, in the middle of a feild...just a few small pieces left, nothing recognisable as anything.

00037r.jpg

We know exactly what happened on that plane thanks to all the people on their cell phones.

the quality has really taken a major dive at boeing. these two "planes" are the first in aviation history to completely disintegrate upon impact. wow.

dude... it's in the middle of a field... there are lots of 'parts' visable even though they are not 'recognizable'. The assumption must be made then, that these parts are from the plane (unless there was a stray volvo out there). sheesh!

and I guess this rotor element found inside the pentagon was someone's paperweight.

post-25-1146601701.jpg

Edited by k9sar

and I gues this rim from a commercial aircraft (yes, it has a double rim and matches the cutout pattern of a 757) was used as a coffeetable in a pentagon conference room

post-25-1146602108.jpg

The size of debris from a jetliner crash is highly dependent on the nature of the crash. Whereas a plane that skids and bounces on the ground will likely survive in one or more large pieces, one that flies directly into the ground or a building will not. I have no idea where people get off saying that there was no debris when photos of the crash scene clearly show that the area is scattered with small pieces that are most likely the remains of the wingtips and stabalizer that did not enter the building and the amount of debris from inside the building was never disclosed completely. I guess no planes hit the WTC cause there was no fuselage laying on the ground.

Crashes of aircraft into buildings are rare, so it is difficult to find crash photographs from which to draw conclusions about the kind of debris such crashes typically leave. However, a recent crash of a military transport plane is instructive. On December 5, 2005, a C-130 -- a plane similar in size to a Boeing 757 -- crashed into an apartment building in Azari, Iran while attempting to make an emergency landing at a nearby airport. Photographs of the crash scene show no large pieces of aircraft debris. If the absence of large visible debris on the Pentagon's lawn from the crash of a 757 is surprising, then the absence of large debris at the Azari crash scene should be more surprising, because:

1. The Pentagon crash pictured holes in the facade large enough to admit into the building the entire aircraft except the outermost wing and tail sections. Photographs of the Azari crash show no puctures of similar size in the apartment building.

2. The Pentagon attack plane was flying at over 500 mph, according to the ASCE's report. That is much faster than the landing speed of any aircraft. At its lower crash speed, there was much less energy to break up the C-130.

post-25-1146602943.jpg

Crashes that leave large pieces of debris are typically those where the plane skidded or bouncing... not flying directly into a wall or the ground.

really, i have seen plenty of plane crashes (pictures) into mountain sides and there were many, many pieces. btw. according to venge the plane that hit the pentagram also hopped and skipped on its merry way to it's destiantion. hmmm.

and did not come to rest on it's own. Travelling at over 500mph, even a skipping piece of metal has problems when it hits a concrete wall.

but there was no debris in the D-ring

post-25-1146603701.jpg

and no debris which bears an uncanny resemblence to the diffuser section of a jet engine compressor (not to mention the yellow primed fuselage pieve with those pesky rivet patterns again)

post-25-1146603988.jpg

according to venge the plane that hit the pentagram also hopped and skipped on its merry way to it's destiantion. hmmm.

Reread each one of my posts very carefully. I never once said it hopped and skipped. :angry: DON'T put words in my mouth.

and no debris at the C-ring punchout area (see if you can spot the ring of 8 holes in the fuselage piece which is believed to match a 757 just below the cockpit window)

post-25-1146604347.jpg

Edited by k9sar

but I wasn't there. Dan was. Based on his account (and I have no reason to believe that he would lie) along with lots of other evidence both photographic and eyewitness (and I've worked with many who work in and around the pentagon)... I am drawing my own conclusions. Feel free to draw your own but don't go making blatently false statements like

no pics of it nor was there any evidence of a plane there. so who knows. just a nice clean, big hole.