Did anyone else get a new engine back in 1995?

zack1978

Hey everyone,

Just checking to see who else got a new engine in 1995 due to the valve tap noise? I got a new engine in the Path and my 1995 SE-V6 King Cab 4x4 PU. The Path now has 165,000 miles and the PU has 9,200 (it's my baby always in the garage never driven!). Anyone else out there?

Zack

I bought my 95 in dec of 02 and the dealer told me the engine was replaced for a recall (don't remember reason, probaly what you are talking about though) at the truck's 20,000 mile mark. So I always have the satisfaction of knowing my engine has 20,000 miles less than my truck, which is nice. sly Sorry, everyone else that didn't get it. :shrug:

Well the SERVICE CAMPAIGN was done due to valve tap noise at start up. It was not a recall, you were given a new engine if you complained about the noise as I did. I think they said that the oil passages were too small in the orig engine and the new engine enlarged oil holes. But again they did it in the Path and my pick up.. So the Path has 165,000 miles on the truck but only 145,000 miles on the engine, and the PU has 9,200 on the truck and 7,200 on the engine. They replaced the entire long block. I wonder if they would still do engines all these years later?

Zack

i know mine was replaced. I was able to look through the repair records on the nissan database at the dealership. I think it was somewhere around the 40k kilometer mark it was swapped. I also found out my truck was originally sold in quebec, which would explain the rust everywhere :oops: