Pics of my new tires

solid snake

Well I ordered my tires on Tuesday and received them on Thursday. Here are some pics of the new tires and wheels. Tires are Mickey Thompson Baja Claws 31x10.50x15 and Eagle Alloys series 102

These are for posing purposes

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

and this one is loaded up in the pathy

DSC00326.jpg

Sadly, I was planning on mounting and balancing them today, but since it is Good Friday, all tire shops closed early :furious: :( So I'm gonna wait until tomorrow and hope to find a shop open so I can get these on damn it! P...:D

Edited by solid snake

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Loven' the tires! Those are the ones I really want to get, but in 33's. I have a buddy of mine giving me his rock crawlers with 33" Coopers on them. Can't wait to get them on. I just got my BL and need to get that on. Have everything for the dual exhaust, so I'm hoping to get that on with in the next couple of weeks. I'll post pic's as soon as all is said and done. :aok: Down the road, I'll have the Mickey's on, but too much money right now. :sniff:

Mmmm.... sexy, sexy shoes.

So do you have to carry two spares when you buy directional tires? :D

no...you just drive in reverse depending on what direction the tire goes :blink::P hehehe..couldn't help myself! :hide:

no...you just drive in reverse depending on what direction the tire goes  :blink:  :P  hehehe..couldn't help myself!  :hide:

But then you spin the other three the wrong way -thnkboutit-

:P

BTW SS nice looking tires.. any mounted pics yet?

Edited by RedPath88

looks nice. the claws remind of the x-terrains. how much do the wheels weigh?

The wheels weigh about 21 lbs, if I remember correctly.

I'll have the Mickey's on, but too much money right now.

Yeah, I saw those prices for 33's $285.00 at summit racing :o That's why I decided to go with 31's.

I finally got them mounted yesterday, as soon as the wifey gets home from her mom's will post pics of them mounted on the pathy :aok:

Actually I'v heard that the claws can have even more traction when mounted reverse...

And if you think it was going to be a long ways to get back to a tire shop you could always play a chinese fire drill with the tires and have it so that all of the tires are backwards, that way they're all at least going the same direction... :shrug:

Actually I'v heard that the claws can have even more traction when mounted reverse...

And if you think it was going to be a long ways to get back to a tire shop you could always play a chinese fire drill with the tires and have it so that all of the tires are backwards, that way they're all at least going the same direction... :shrug:

Or I can always swap the left side tires to the right and vice versa, no? :shrug:

They're mounted already, but everytime I want to take a pic there's something that comes up which doesn't let me. Yesterday was that the pathy was with my wife, then she got home and NPORA locked me out, I got the page can not be displayed error, then today NPORA is back up and running and my wife took the pathy to take my son for a check up. Man, I really want to take a picture already. That way, hopefully I can go TOTM :shrug:

Or I can always swap the left side tires to the right and vice versa, no? :shrug:

They're mounted already, but everytime I want to take a pic there's something that comes up which doesn't let me. Yesterday was that the pathy was with my wife, then she got home and NPORA locked me out, I got the page can not be displayed error, then today NPORA is back up and running and my wife took the pathy to take my son for a check up. Man, I really want to take a picture already. That way, hopefully I can go TOTM :shrug:

heh, ill vote for u to make ur troubles worth it :beer:

To elaborate futher on what SC 88 about reversing Baja claws:

It really depends on the terrain, In mud the tires will perform better in the stock direction because they can clean themselves more easily and on rocks the advantage of reversing the tires is that the tread pattern can grab jagged edges better, but they also tend to hop more. Never drive on the road with the tires reversed, I think they are only DOT legal in the stock direction and if it rains the tires will hydroplane very easily in the reversed direction.

I hope that came out right, It's early! :laugh:

-Lex