Strut Bearing

Hey guys its been a while. Anyways my front strut bearing is hooped on my truck. I've tryied to talk to the dealership about this but they keep telling me that they need to hook it to the computer to test it. (Im Going To SNAP On Them If They Keep It Up) Well i need a strut bearing. I found a kit for $85 and a bearing alone for $35 so what im asking is, do i need the kit or can I just replace the bearing on its own. Im getting conflicting information on this and i would like someone that has done this before for their input.

Cheers… Pathfinder Rookie

XPLORx4

Wow they really need to be replaced eh? I dont think mine are that bad, i think that a couple rollers have went, because it clicks and jerks when i turn. But those pics you posted leds me to another question, do i need to compress my springs to replace the bearing? and you would know the bearing number by chance? It will be cheaper for me to go the local bearing dealer than the auto part dealer.

Thanks.. Good pics by the way.

my front strut bearing is hooped on my truck. I've tryied to talk to the dealership about this but they keep telling me that they need to hook it to the computer to test it. (Im Going To SNAP On Them If They Keep It Up)

Hook it up to a computer? For a bearing? :shrug: I assume an alignment machine or do they just ask it to do a self-diagnostic ala Star Trek? :lol: Beam me up! Just do the Vulcan "death" pinch on them.

XPLORx4

Wow they really need to be replaced eh? I dont think mine are that bad, i think that a couple rollers have went, because it clicks and jerks when i turn. But those pics you posted leds me to another question, do i need to compress my springs to replace the bearing? and you would know the bearing number by chance? It will be cheaper for me to go the local bearing dealer than the auto part dealer. 

Thanks.. Good pics by the way.

The strut bearing isn't really a bearing at all. It's just a greased plastic bushing, just like you see in the pics (except in those pics, the grease has dried up and the plastic has been scored).

The Nissan OEM part number is 54325-0W000. Click here for pricing.

And yes, you will need to remove the strut and compress the spring to replace the bearing.

Edited by XPLORx4

XPLORx4:

Ya the price off that site is a little more than the local parts dealer. ill just order it locally here. Thanks again for the help XPLORx4.

Trainman:

The dealer ship that i am forced to deal with are mongolatards. Every time i need anything, it always need to be hooked up to the computer. Control links... computer. Harmonic ballancer... computer. Extensive fogging problem... computer. I love to hit them but @!*% splatters. you know the type right? That y i come here to post my problems / concerns and get better advice.... i love my truck but hate the Nissan dealership.

Ciao.

Trainman:

The dealer ship that i am forced to deal with are mongolatards. Every time i need anything, it always need to be hooked up to the computer. Control links... computer. Harmonic ballancer... computer. Extensive fogging problem... computer. I love to hit them but @!*% splatters. you know the type right? That y i come here to post my problems / concerns and get better advice.... i love my truck but hate the Nissan dealership.

Ciao.

I know what you mean. Some of the bigger shops are getting like that now too. Some mechanics just can not think for themselves anymore it seems.

Looks like you are getting all the good info you need right here, except for my useless post :D

Speaking of strut bearings... is it recommended to get these replaced while I'm

getting new coils installed? Mine have never been replaced, and I'm over 125K miles...

And as for mechanics - all the ones I've gone to around here are after one thing -

$$$$! My MAF sensor was going bad, but I didn't know this was the problem, and

it cost me $78 for them to run a diagnostic. I can buy a friggin handheld diagnostic

for that price! Then they charged me $300 for the MAF, which I think I could have

cleaned (let alone the fact that I found one online for $189) and DIY. Then they

changed my oil... WHY?? I just had that done not 2 weeks ago. I am never going

there again. Idiots.

Edited by dkpath96