Tire & Wheel Size

94 Pathy

:help:

I KNOW! I KNOW! Use the darn search engine, but I figured I would get a faster response this way......

Great deal in the local newspaper for sale. Want to snag them if possible......

35X14.5X15 Mickey Thompson BAJA's on a Chevy 6 bolt wheel for only $400.00.

I know I will have to get my 3" Body lift and trim the hell out of my fenders, but is it possible? I know guys running 35's, but are they 14.5's? Is that too darn wide? I think it would look mean ass hell, but what other kind of up grades am I looking at for the steering and the tie-rods/ball joints/etc.?

Thanks everyone!

35's won't fit with just 3 inches of suspension and 3 inches of body lift. They might fit if you also add the 4 inch trailmaster kit, maybe.

They'll definatly fit if you do a solid axle swap! :D

Also the chevy wheel might not fit because chevy hubs are much smaller than nissan hubs.

You'll be best off finding 33's. (Desert rat www.desertrat.com is offering a package deal 4 interco LTB 33x13.5 r 15's mounted on black steel wheels for $715)

:sniff: :sniff:

I figured that much! Oh well, it was worth checking into for the price. I wish I would've spent the money for the Trailmaster lift. 33's here we come!

Thanks guys!

:beer:

Hey Grimgreg,

your absolutely right about there being not much to shave on the rear door side of the fender. But here's my thoughts. You know how when you Lift your Rig, your Axle moves forward slightly. After your done raising it and what not, from what I understand, could you not just use longer arms to make it go past where it was stock so its offcenter but toward the rear. Then Shave off more from the rear side instead of the door side? I really have no idea how that affects the stability of a ride, but I figure if you Rig is out of center by an inch it's no biggy. Mine is still offcenter toward the doors after I put the 3"+3" and I haven't noticed any problems. Just curious if that would work out cause thats what I've been thinking I would do if I had the cash to play around a little more.

Edited by Dowser

35 x 14.5's? Upgrades would be simple:

- Double the power output so you can get them moving

- all new steering components to take the load

- raising truck about 12" oughta just about do it...

- All new driveline to handle the power

- New diffs/axles to handle power

In summary:

It would be a major project if you want it to be drivable and really usable off road. Probably easier to get an old Blazer chassis/V8 engine/drivetrain and put a Pathfinder body on it..

But it would look nice!

:oops: :oops:

It's making me sick just thinking about all the modes that would have to be done. Sucks A$$! I'm getting ready to start working on the small block. With Slicks help with the transfer case, I'll need some driveshaft work done and some gears, but the engine and tranny work is here....Lock right locker will be installed and some gear work obviouslly. But until then, the headers and dual exhaust and chip will be installed. Looking at ordering my 3"BL in about a month or so. Still looking for a HB gear shifter. Should be about it. :aok:

OH MY GOSH! :wacko: What am I getting myself into? :( -alcohol- -alcohol- -alcohol- :oops:

not go go against the flow here..but i thought there was a wd-21 pathy over on N4W running 35's completley stock? ill come back to this with a pic or a link if i can find it. but i could swear in his sig it says he is stock with 35's...even has a pic. i shall return :Magic:

grr, ok im back empty handed. i know iv seen the pic a few times but i cant seem to remember who it was. but i know for sure it said in his sig that he is runnin 35's with no mods (cept alot of trimming) i has almost no room in his wells mind you..and the tires stick out about 2-3"...hehe but he DID fit them. if i run across it ill post a pic some other day

Edited by DSM_guy

35 x 14.5's? Upgrades would be simple:

Not double, but definatly headers intake and cams probably.

Definatly, the complete L&P setup would work.

10 inches would probably be fine...

Nah not neccesary, just don't tow anything.

Definatly not neccesary, pathfinder axles are BUFF. CV's could probably handle it...

Yeah....he's running at least 3+3" lifts.....plus his site says he's running 3" Rancho coils, and 2.5" spacers in the rear.

I like his alternator relocation idea though.....now to find me another alternator!! :D

Yeah....he's running at least 3+3" lifts.....plus his site says he's running 3" Rancho coils, and 2.5" spacers in the rear.

I like his alternator relocation idea though.....now to find me another alternator!! :D

yeah simon..i had never been to his cardomain site before..just on N4W. and it his sig he says "runnin 35's, no lift" so thats what i based my origional statement off of. but once i got to his page..i saw the lifts. but i dunno..maybe he was running 35's before the lift and decided to add lift to it after the fact..and just never changed his sig? otherwise, i dunno why anyone would put that.

but i guess that still shows that you COULD do it wiht a 3+3 and some trimming...

Yeah, the guy needs to update his info. Just by looking at the truck, he has a lift. Doesn't look like he's done any trimming by the way the flares are sitting. Looks just like my flares, unless he's trimmed like a pro and the flares hide alot. :shrug:

ok, i found the guy..and here is his site. in his sig he CLAIMS he's got no lift..but this site says otherwise. so i dunno. but he still has very few supporting mods to be runnin those tires

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/719499

Those tyres are 33's max. This guy has 35's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/695964

The tyre size is obvious when you compare the two. My opinion anyway.

This guy is a member of OL (crackajnr). Look him up and ask him questions if you like.