I know this is a common question... but how?

Extreme90path

Ok, I know the alarm system is always asked about. But I have set it off before, and I only see lights flashing. I was wondering if your guy's alarms use their horns too??? I am still learning how to get that thing to go off. I do know if you have it on and you have the driver's door open for more than about ten seconds it goes off. Also one night I let my dog out, and I looked over and all of my lights were flashing. At first I was alarmed, (excuse the punn) But I looked around and saw nothing. No damage to my pathy, from what I could tell there was no one around. It has gone off randomly with no one around 2 other times. I do know sound wasent a factor, and touching it, though I was standing next to it when it did this once. also.... what about windows or a motion sensors??? Thankyou for all of your guy's help. I just can't for the life of me figure Nissan's alarm system out.

-Ben

My Factory Alarm, uses the horn and the marker light's. It arms 30 seconds after I close the door with the vehicle off. And will flash the light's and a chime will confirm activation. Upon entry a chime will go off for about 10 seconds and end when I insert the keys and turn the ignition. Also I have the alarm set to IMPACT. But it is not very sensitive to sound, I never tested the impact (tapping around the vehicle). I do remember though once I had the truck parked outside in front and a car passed by with a very loud muffler. That did set it off. Hope this helps..........

• 2 years later...

I didn't want to start another keyless entry thread so I'll piggy back this one and o thanks for everyone's help the last couple of days. I'm still trying to get used to my Pathy.

Ok weird thing #1 My factory keyless remote only works with the round panic button, it opens and closes doors and sets alarm just fine. Here's the thing though If I open the doors with it and enter the DRIVERS door start the truck then turn the truck off, get out of the DRIVERS side door and try to use the remote to lock doors and set alarm it will NOT work. But If I walk over to the passenger side open the door then shut it the remote WILL work just fine. Also I notice the interior light only works with the passenger side door open and NOT the drivers side door.

Now am assuming it's some sensor not reconizing the driver's door is open or close. I'm I right? Where might I find this sensor or what not?

Second thing is a little off topic and entails charging with 134a which I bought a can today and began charging through the low side, mistake #1 was it fell off the charging port when I was shaking the can and liquid refrigerate leaked a little. Anyway I was able to continue charging and my gauges were reading about 30 psi but then I watched it drop back down to 0 psi. The compressor tried to kick on once but that was it. I'm assuming there is a bad leak or the freon is just that low and I should of just kept adding freon. Is it normal to go up to 30 psi and then drop back down to 0psi as it cycles through the system or am I out of luck?

I appreciate any input as this is my first foreign truck and a little overwhelmed.

Sounds like your door pin switch has gone south on you. It's the little rubber-bootied switch in the doorway that pushes in and out. They're cheap and easy to replace. That's why your alarm doesn't work, I bet.

No idea on the AC problem, but usually an AC system takes more than one can of refrigerant AFAIK. I think you need more is all.

Sounds like your door pin switch has gone south on you. It's the little rubber-bootied switch in the doorway that pushes in and out. They're cheap and easy to replace. That's why your alarm doesn't work, I bet.

No idea on the AC problem, but usually an AC system takes more than one can of refrigerant AFAIK. I think you need more is all.

Thanks! Is there a link for "How To" on that door switch? Yeah the A/C may need more but am a little paronoid of overcharging, does anyone no the exact weight of refridergate the 95 holds?

I see the door switch and it's missing the rubber, the plastic switch itself is corroded.

the door switch is only held on with one screw, which also grounds it. since its corroded, you may just need to take it off, clean it and put in with a nice shiny new screw. Since they are very cheap, I would just pick up a new switch, with the rubber boot. once you pull off the screw, the switch comes out and you pull of the wire connector and put it on the new switch and screw it back in. two minute job.

Not sure about the AC capacity. if you're filling it yourself, don't forget to put some compressor oil in there, otherwise your seals will dry out and leak. But if its very low you probably already have a leak at the compresser or seals. I would take it to a rad/ac shop. for about $50 plus freon they will pressure test for leaks, and refill it for you.

Good luck

Edited by Nutz

Yeah the A/C may need more but am a little paronoid of overcharging, does anyone no the exact weight of refridergate the 95 holds?

~1.75 ('94) but i don't remember lbs or Kg.. lol it's on a bluish tag under the hood.. right side.. firewall maybe?

Yeah the A/C may need more but am a little paronoid of overcharging, does anyone no the exact weight of refridergate the 95 holds?

According to the 95 fsm it takes 1.65 - 1.87 lbs of R-134a and 6.8 oz of oil.

Edited by NC95Pathfinder

$85? your talking about servicing the AC and not replacing the door switch I hope? :blink:

Yes servicing the AC, the door switch I did myself and at those prices I will be doing more myself. I believe a 12oz can is $20 at a retail auto parts store.

• 5 years later...

Old thread I know, but Walmart has 134A 12 oz cans for 9.97. Just bought three and charged my system... schrader valves are leaking... so I will have to charge again.... but its all good.

Okay back on topic.

Old thread I know, but Walmart has 134A 12 oz cans for 9.97. Just bought three and charged my system... schrader valves are leaking... so I will have to charge again.... but its all good.

Okay back on topic.

In Cali, they are 14.97....and we have to pay a $10 refundable deposit....oh and now we have to buy an adapter for the can that costs $3.