Heater control and AC control lighting

prginocx

Why is the heater and temp slide control area not illuminated ? AC button is lit, but there doesn't seem to be a bulb for the heater controls. Can't really manipulate them in the dark ?

Of course they do have a tiny light for the ashtray, though....Big priority...

This is on a 95 pathy w/5spd. Am I missing something ?

ummm im pretty sure there reas a topic on this a couple of weeks ago. i posted how to get into the light but i couldnt figure out how to remove the bulb with out busting it so i memerized were my switches are and what they do

you should have an illuminated panel there so obviously the bulb/fuse blew... search around for this subject on how to change them or look it up in your manual.. it should semi-explain in there.... (i on the other hand have nooo clue where the bulb resides or how to get to it.. obviously it resides behind the dash.. that's a given) :blink:

sorry i can't be of more help! -study-

Why is the heater and temp slide control area not illuminated ?  AC button is lit, but there doesn't seem to be a bulb for the heater controls.  Can't really manipulate them in the dark ?

Of course they do have a tiny light for the ashtray, though....Big priority...

This is on a 95 pathy w/5spd.  Am I missing something ?

I don't know about the 95 (the A/C and center console is slightly different), but just finished replacing bulbs in my 91 A/C control. There are 2 "wheat" bulbs (small, only available from Nissan) in my automatic climate control. These 2 bulbs light up the temp scale and the controls, including all the pushbuttons for vent control. The fan and temp slider knobs have LEDs in them and probably never burn out.

You have to remove the control itself and partially disassemble it to get to the bulbs. The factory service manual was sparse, but gave enough info to get to the bulbs. There were a total of 7 screws attaching the control to the dash that had to be removed to get the control out of the dash. That was after removing the console bezel (4 screws), the radio (4 screws), and the ashtray frame (2 screws). The radio and ashtray could have been left in the dash, but it was easier to unplug the wires from the back of the A/C control with them removed.

HTH,

GaCruiser

I found it just like you said. Real B#@^H getting all that apart, though. The real tiny light was behind the climate control panel where the slots are for the heater/vent controls to move back and forth. The knobs do pop off, but the panel wasn't too easy to get behind, then you have to twist this miniscule bulb out of its socket WITHOUT breaking the tiny wires or the bulb.

Stealer wanted $16.99 for the bulb......Got it at Napa for $2.49. How do those guys sleep at night ? Oh, wait....the quality of their parts is sooooo much better than Napa, right ?

• 16 years later...
On 1/4/2006 at 7:20 AM, prginocx said:

I found it just like you said. Real B#@^H getting all that apart, though. The real tiny light was behind the climate control panel where the slots are for the heater/vent controls to move back and forth. The knobs do pop off, but the panel wasn't too easy to get behind, then you have to twist this miniscule bulb out of its socket WITHOUT breaking the tiny wires or the bulb.

Stealer wanted $16.99 for the bulb......Got it at Napa for $2.49. How do those guys sleep at night ? Oh, wait....the quality of their parts is sooooo much better than Napa, right ?

I know it's been a while but by chance do you remember what the part number was over at napa?