clutch problems

nick1716

so when i let out the clutch sometimes it doesnt come all the way out andi have to pulll it out with my foot.. some times it gets really bad and i wont even be able to get it in gear.. anyone know what could be causing this??

another prob i have is starting it.. right when i start it when the engine is cold it sounds like its gonna die but then revs up to normal rpm.. but then when you stall it it wont even start.. and i have to compression start it or wait a long while.

answers?? suggestions??

pressure plate is worn out on your clutch (my first guess.) could also be low clutch fluid, or the clutch needs an adjustment.

the second thing: could be crank positioning sensor or something along those lines... check ecu codes (sticky in the garage w/ procedures)

well i just had my clutch cahnged in august.. and throwout bearing and re surfaced the flywheel and changed the read seal, and had everything changed in there while it was open.. thats why i dont think its any of that stuff.. i mean theres prb only 4k miles on the new clutch stuff..

Yep, take it back to the shop :contract: . I had a clutch done on a car (like you, did the rear seal (as that is what caused the clutch to go first), and all the other stuff) and it turned out the throwout bearing they put in was faulty, so it can happen. Weird, the clutch would not fully disengage when on an uphill so had a Subaru type hill holder :blink: . They had to replace the bearing and clutch parts as there was significant damage to the pressure plate. On the replacement clutch, I got over 100,000 miles from it when I traded in the car (’69 Datsun 510), trannie went before the clutch did.

Does the truck start OK in neutral? If not, then I can not see the two being related. If it is OK in neutral, then may be clutch related.

Good luck.