whats broken (pic)

MiSh

ok here is what i have managed to break

bolt.jpg

The bolt u see should be extended to where i have drawn it in (but as you can see i snapped it). And it should pull the centrelink down.

Would this cause the tire to be slightly pigieon toed

that on its own would just make your car lean badly around corners"like a boat" but if you hit something hard to break that your wheel alignment might need checking (its a swaybar link here in australia)rod that joins the swaybar to the lower control arm

i hope it helps

that on its own would just make your car lean badly around corners"like a boat" but if you hit something hard to break that your wheel alignment might need checking (its a swaybar link here in australia)rod that joins the swaybar to the lower control arm

i hope it helps

What he said and it is called a sway bar link eh! here in Canada :D

Sway bar link.....I have both my sway bars off. When I took off the front one, I noticed zero difference in handling. The rear, on the other hand, made a noticeable difference. I'd say, if you don't want to fix it, pull it completely off. It's not doing anything for you in that state anyways.

If you do want to fix it, it's easy and cheap; you can do it yourself no problem. Just buy bushings for both sides and do it right. Maybe buy a new bolt for the other side ? Worth inspecting it....

B

Definatly a sway bar link .Your other problems are dependant on if you hit something or were off roading hard and how long have you been rolling around like that? Other wise look at your u.c.a., ball joint, torshen bar, and alignment. Maybe even look as far as your wheel berrings if your toed out realy bad.

Joey

When I was doing my Calmini lift I broke that same bolt P... I replaced both sides with a New set from AutoZone with the poly bushings, it was less than $15... got 2 Grade 8 bolts from the hwd store....

The off camber on the tire shoulde not be effected by the sway bar.

Depends what grade bolts you get. Grade 8 or higher should be fine. I had mine out a year ago and don't remember anything special about them, but I wasn't looking for that. I'd just call a dealership parts counter, get a price and go from there. Or you can pull the other one and go to a hardware store for a match... :shrug:

B

Do you have a AutoZone in your area?? It is a item that they carry in stock..

I will stop at mine on the way home and get the SKU####'s.

Ace/Truvalue/HomeDepot/Local Hwd Store should have a Grade 8 bolt to replace the one in the Kit... If not you should not have any problems with the kit for normal everyday driving...

I was wondering where you were based on the rig in your profile... no location...

So the SKU is pointless... for Austraila

Grade 8 was the strongest I could find... I also went with a little longer spacing between the bushings based on the 3" lift.

I hope that worste case is you have to go with a dealer replacement....

Whats shipping on a .5lb package from US 99201 Zip code?

Remove your sway bar and never put it on again. Problem solved and no cost to you.

As for your front end not feeling right..... Your drag link or idler arm bushes, or both, are worn. Get ready to spend. If you do not get that sorted NOW it will only cost you more in the long run. Tyres and tie rods will be added to your bill too.

Im with Vsicks! Take that damn thing off! but if you really want it on there then fix it, but that being broken has nothing to do with your steering being sloppy or out of alignment. In my state we have to go through an extensive vehicle inspection to get a sticker. Components like sway bars HAVE to be in place if they were factory. However I took both of mine off and all mounting hardware and now you'd never know they were there.