PERFORMANCE UPGRADE.

zonianbrat

:help: JUST WANTING TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO FOR MORE POWER.

I HAVE A 97 PATHY ON 33X10.5 BFG'S AND I LOVE IT. IT DOES GREAT OFF-ROAD HERE IN THE COLORADO ROCKIES BUT I ALSO USE IT TO TRAVEL A BIT AND WITH THE BIGGER TIRES IT JUST DOES NOT LIKE THE HILLS ON THE HIGHWAY. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I DONT NEED MUCH JUST A LITTLE MORE POWER.

THANKS

Deselect your caps lock feature, pry the damn button off the key board and throw it away. It's annoying as hell !! THANKS !!!

B

Edited by Precise1

Well, you can choose from a Jim Wolf Technology Pop-charger intake

JWT

Or a Weapon-R intake

Weapon-R

Or an HKS intake

HKS

Not too sure of what the best option is for you, but there are also cams, chips, and high-flow cats and mufflers. Nothing else other than that. You could look into regearing, but don't know anything about that one.

If you hit your CAPS lock button, that'll give you a 10HP increase!!!!

*snicker* :clap::clap:

Don't forget the "Powered by Nissan" stickers. Good for another 5hp. :P

Seriously though, what's been said. Cheapest, easiest way is intake and exhaust.

Hey hey now don't bash the new guy too much maybe his caps lock key is broken. :D

Just count yourself lucky you'v got the R50 motor, with it's 160 hp, as opposed to the 140 or 150 hp motors in the WD21 models (where's my L&P supercharger kit dam it!)

I've driven two different stock R50's and both had less power than my 95... Same for the 2000 model Xterra I test drove for my wife...

I'm not talking about floor it to redline it to see how fast you can get to 70 or anything. I'm talking about getting on it at normal speeds, like between redlights. 2nd gear tells me all I needed to know.

Has anyone ever raced a stock R50 with a good pathy,er, an early model one? I used to race a friend that had a 95 hardbody. He could pull away pretty easy, his truck was alot lighter tho.

I would have to agree with Chaser. One of my employees has a 2001 Xterra with 50k miles, and I drove it the other day.... what a dog. My '94 has a noticable difference in everyday normal driving as well as stop light runs. On the wifes SC Xterra we did a cold air intake and it made a little bit of a difference, but has a really cool whirling sound. The Pathy will get the upgrade soon too.

post-1-1133495236.jpg

:X Ok you guys are real funny. I always have caps lock on at my office sorry did not know it struck a nerve with everybody. anyway thanks for the advice. But i do not know about the acceleration i pull away from my buddy's 2001 xterra. And the low-end torque is awesome when i go 4-wheelin. it just does not have all the power i want at 75mph but I am going to get a better intake what are your recomondations i am on a bit of a budget seeing as i just started a family and all.

GreenEnvy94Pathy: Thats a nice lineup you got there!!! :clap:

cantsay.gif Ok you guys are real funny. I always have caps lock on at my office sorry did not know it struck a nerve with everybody. anyway thanks for the advice. But i do not know about the acceleration i pull away from my buddy's 2001 xterra. And the low-end torque is awesome when i go 4-wheelin. it just does not have all the power i want at 75mph but I am going to get a better intake what are your recomondations i am on a bit of a budget seeing as i just started a family and all.

Since you're on a budget, I'd definitely start by freeing up both ends, intake and exhaust. You could do a tune up...I changed my plugs to NGK Iridium IX's and NGK wires. I did notice a noticeable difference.

Since you're on a budget, I'd definitely start by freeing up both ends, intake and exhaust. You could do a tune up...I changed my plugs to NGK Iridium IX's and NGK wires. I did notice a noticeable difference.

It's a good thing that you were able to notice a noticeable differences DJD! :laugh:

And what'd I tell ya guys his caps lock key was broken! :D

Damn SC88, if I was one of your professors, you'd be in a world of hurt. He said he always has cap lock on, not that it was broken... F, as in flunk, fail, friggin wrong !! :D

Yeah zoni, make it breathe and fart better and you will gain top end. You may loose some bottom end though, funny how it works... Start with a cone filter or cold air intake and see what effect that does. It's necessary to maximize better exhaust and cheaper to boot, so you can't really loose... ;)

B