the ultimate 4x4?

Maz

yes, can't even tell it was there.  :rolleyes:

:huh: Oops, I miss-read/miss-interpreted your post, sorry mzxtreme. Working in forestry I should have picked up on that. These sorts of scenes do not bother me. :hide:

Yes, it does not look like it “treads lightly” when looking at the hill behind it. The impacts and sustainability of forestry is a discussion that could go on forever and is not suitable for this forum. Enough said from me. :X

:huh: Oops, I miss-read/miss-interpreted your post, sorry mzxtreme. Working in forestry I should have picked up on that. These sorts of scenes do not bother me. :hide:

Yes, it does not look like it “treads lightly” when looking at the hill behind it. The impacts and sustainability of forestry is a discussion that could go on forever and is not suitable for this forum. Enough said from me. :X

:D no prob and i will not pursue that topic right now either. :)

well without getting into a debate about forestry etc these actually don't make as much damage as you'd think. I was very surprised actually. Now you want impact it's the feller bunchers TK752 they are on tracks and here on the west coast there are some soft forest floors.

Later

Jamie

well without getting into a debate about forestry etc these actually don't make as much damage as you'd think. I was very surprised actually. Now you want impact it's the feller bunchers TK752 they are on tracks and here on the west coast there are some soft forest floors.

Later

Jamie

In my experience, it is the skidders that cause the most damage (well, actually the hoes do, especially during site prep for planting) rather than the bunchers. In BC we call the impact site deg, and there is a legal maximum that is allowed, depending on the site.

Well, without the chains and not lowering the plow, the ppsi that thing applies is probably not much worse than a Pathy (depending on tire size and pressure of course). From there it just goes to what you do with the thing. I do know I'd love to drive one... :D

B

Well, without the chains and not lowering the plow, the ppsi that thing applies is probably not much worse than a Pathy (depending on tire size and pressure of course). From there it just goes to what you do with the thing. I do know I'd love to drive one... :D

B

:clap: I agree precise I just want to drive one to see what i could get into and out of.

I doubt it.  A decently built Toyota would be completely swamped by the time this thing would barely get it's hubs wet.

Nah dude. anything more than 2 feet of some slick mud and that thing is stuck mighty good... Its just so damned heavy. perhaps it would do a little better with the chains but A yota with 48's and a 350 could handle the same thing with little difficulty. However I think mud is the only exception for that thing :D. It'd be pretty damned good anywhere else I think.

Edited by derogate

A yota with 48's and a 350 could handle the same thing with little difficulty.

Thats your definition of a 'decently built yota' ? That doesn't fall into the 'built from the ground up' or 'totally custom' or 'monster truck' or 'friggin bragging rights trailer queen' category ???

*snicker*

Just buy a Unimog and call it good... ;)

B

backed up to a ledge i had been doing all day. stepped on the brakes, nothing. Baried the blade.... to late.... out the door i went and let it go on its own. That was bout 13 years ago..

no need to that that ride, huh? :)