just joined 95 pathy

BlackAsian

Ive been reading up on this forum for a couple of months now and have learned a whole about my truck. Ive got a 95 SE with 210,000 miles ... I bought it for $800 with 195,000 and 5 new 31 inch BFG AT. Im not a huge fan of the auto trans but it has never failed me. In the year that I've owned it I have not had any mechanical problems. The salting of roads in Northern NJ took its toll on the frame and I just recently sanded it down from the rear doors back and painted with truck bed liner. Ill try to get more pics up soon...

Cool BA !! I'm glad you have been looking around and that it has been helpful. Thanks for posting, we like to meet new people ! Sounds like you got a good deal on the truck, but like you have been doing, do what you can with rust issues. Word of advice though, put a tranny cooler in for the auto tranny (bypass the stock one in the radiator) soon. Change the tranny fluid also if that has not been done recently, that should help keep her running strong. :beer:

B

Yep, as MZ points to, the best I have heard of is 500,000+ miles !! I wouldn't expect that, but driving nice and regular maintenence can take you to 300k. How is your timing belt ??? Thats the #1 permature engine killer...

B