Hello from california

QuismO

hey all, just recently bought a used '97 infiniti qx4. i'm not a hardcore off roader as many of you are =P but i do go on light trails and a lot of driving in the snowy mountains of lake tahoe/sierra nevada. i was referred to this forum by denisb who helped me out on another pathy/qx4 forum. so far, this forum has been a lot more helpful...by a LONG SHOT. i'm not your everyday know-all mechanic, but i do know how to do the basics...i try to be the do-it-yourself kind of guy, and so far, so good, especially with all of your help. i couldn't be more thankful. thanks again, for helping out this "newbie" pathy owner =)

ian

precise1: petaluma, wow...you're a short drive away =P

and yes trainman, the users of this forum have more knowledge/experience by far!!!

pezzy: it's blasphemy alright!!! i learned that the hard way! hehehe...thanks again for those diagrams...printed them out and put it in my vehicle records file =D

w00t!  Another central Cali member!  Welcome from Santa Cruz! (SC88pathy  ;) )

Check out our map we'v got lots o members from the central california area!  Map thread link

WAVEY go Cali go Cali :dance: I am in the central valley, Lathrop (Manteca)!! welcome!! WAVEY

Edited by Slick

Lathrop? really?! small world, i have family in Lathrop off of Lathrop rd. (hwy 99) near all those fast food joints. i took my pathy out to the deltas over the summer to do some striped bass fishing...nothing beats the deltas for fishing...good place to go whenever i feel like getting away from the hustle n bustle of the san fran city life...i feel like i'm relatively in the middle of nowhere when i'm in the valley =P

can't forget santa cruz sc88 =P love the pier for that mackerel/salmon fishing hehehe...although i don't eat the mackerel, they're plentiful and i love the fight they put up...and on top of that, the camping spots with the cool climates...awesome =D

ian

Edited by QuismO

Lathrop? really?! small world, i have family in Lathrop off of Lathrop rd. (hwy 99) near all those fast food joints. i took my pathy out to the deltas over the summer to do some striped bass fishing...nothing beats the deltas for fishing...good place to go whenever i feel like getting away from the hustle n bustle of the san fran city life...i feel like i'm relatively in the middle of nowhere when i'm in the valley =P

can't forget santa cruz sc88 =P love the pier for that mackerel/salmon fishing hehehe...although i don't eat the mackerel, they're plentiful and i love the fight they put up...and on top of that, the camping spots with the cool climates...awesome =D

ian

:o sounded like me talking there! wow. we have a lot in common.

I live off 5 on de lima road in BFE.. where they haven't managed to build houses yet (Lathrop rd area)..

you should come out here Sunday Nov 20th.. planning on a little wheeling trip to Frank Raines Park off I-5 (towards LA).. it's a 35 minute drive from here.. we're gunna bar-b-q afterwards.

No heavy wheelin.. just some flexin n stretchin hopefully.

if you're interested.. PM me. :aok:

Lathrop? really?! small world, i have family in Lathrop off of can't forget santa cruz sc88 =P love the pier for that mackerel/salmon fishing hehehe...although i don't eat the mackerel, they're plentiful and i love the fight they put up...and on top of that, the camping spots with the cool climates...awesome =D

ian

I haven't gone salmon fishing in years (mainly because I get sea sick :oops: ). It is great fun though. Technically I live in Felton which is right up Highway 9 from Santa Cruz. But I say Santa Cruz cause just about everyone knows where santa cruz is and now that I'm attending UCSC I'm spending most of the week in Santa Cruz.

hehe no worries, i'm definitely staying away from the large rims and low profile tires. i NEED all terrains for the snow as i go boarding like 345436456 times per snowboarding season =P and i'm definitely thinking about the lift 'cause i think that the stock suspension is going out...thus they need replacement anyways =P