Drug induced illusion or legitimate effect?

vidro

I maybe on drugs but I'm not crazy, someone try and explain something to me

When I was doing the T-belt and Water pump I removed the "scuff plate" from front underneath the vehicle, I did this to get a better shot at the radiator drain plug.

After putting everything back together I left the scuff plate off.

I'm a real pessimist when it comes to my handy work, I figured I will need to get back under there for something else.

Here's the part where either I didn't fix the exhaust leak and I'm being carbon monoxide poisoned or the scuff plate has something to do with stabilizing the front end.

I have made reference in previous post of the front end "wobbling" on my Pathfinder but with the scuff plate off it seems to have settled down.

Is this a coincidence or could there be something legitimate going on here?

Edited by vidro

I second that... :P

No, it should make no difference what so ever to the front end stability, or lack of. Maybe things have settled now that you are driving it (sometimes) or it's just the drugs making you less observant... :shrug:

B

Unless you can do a couple hundred Mph with a pathy, I would say the skid plate doesn't play a big role in aerodynamics.......at least not enough to make the truck have enough aerolift to make a difference :P

I have to give another vote for .......um......drugs. :shrug:

Denis

It Absolutely has something to do with it. I'm Posative. Really.... Hold on a sec. *Passes Joint, Mushrooms, Acid, and some Pills with Scuff Plates drawn on them to a Friend* Your up man, and don't waste it like that time you poured that bag of dope down the toil... Oh ya, Forgot I was online..

Ahem... Now as I was saying... It's Totally Linked man. Totally.

Dowser

I guess I need to find a different dealer, I don't mind the BUZZ but I can't stand hallucinating.

I agree, it's the drugs, and the road, the wind, and anything between 30ish and 50ish MPH. Sounds like tire balancing and rotation time.

P.S.

Anybody know of a Rabbi (not the plural for rabbit) that does exorcisms?

Evidently what ever is possessing this thing has no comprehension of Latin.

I am now hearing the exhaust pop coming from the drivers side exhaust manifold, I'm not brave enough to look, if I ignore it I know it will go away.

Try a quick check to see if the wheel bearings are tight (4x4s set to 0 play), tie rod ends, centerlink, and the arms. If that checks out ok, it may be bushings on the sway bar or in the CA's ? :shrug: Just poke, pry and twist for a bit... Then get under and look... :D

Anybody know of a Rabbi

Have you tried slaughtering a chicken yet ? I find a granite 'altar' works well, followed by dancing around a bonfire naked wearing a goats head while chanting... These demons are far too ancient to respect any 'new' gods ! :o

B

It Absolutely has something to do with it. I'm Posative. Really.... Hold on a sec. *Passes Joint, Mushrooms, Acid, and some Pills with Scuff Plates drawn on them to a Friend* Your up man, and don't waste it like that time you poured that bag of dope down the toil... Oh ya, Forgot I was online..

Ahem... Now as I was saying... It's Totally Linked man. Totally.

Dowser

This guy is UW material.